Ratfink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ratfink = Randy

Stole the name from my favorite current bike, My Electra Ratfink.

I'm just over 40...have loved bikes forever. When we were kids we LIVED on our bikes. It was a diffrent time and as kids we would just run out the door and we could ride for MILES. Grew up in Calgary AB on the south east edge of town. The river valley was just blocks away, with miles of freedom. There were miles of single track down by the river heading south to what is now Fish Creek Provincal Park. Did as many miles in the dirt as on the road, before BMX, or mountian bikes existed. :D Did convert my high rise to a BMXer, with a kit I got when on holidays in the USofA, was first on the block with that :!:

Got into motorcycles, Motocross...at that time we could ride the same single track on dirtbikes and the cops for the most part left us alone. Yamaha GT80, YZ100, RM125...until I was old enough to spend my money on cars.

But I ALWAYS rode bikes...even when it wasn't so cool. In the 14-18 year old range when most people who rode bikes did so because they could not afford a car. :wink:

I work in IT, compter operations, data center stuff. I had a good 14 year career, was in middle management...then re-org, layoff, right size, outsource layoff and I was out of work, looked for work for 2 years after Y2K (which was a huge project for us, just before they dumped us in the street like yesterdays news). Had to sell my 911S, a couple motorcycles, lost my self worth. Started at the bottom again.

But bikes were the one hobby I could always afford, that made me feel good.

Current bikes:

2005 Electra RatFink ( I call it my Harley I bought with my Nortel profits)
2004 NORCO A-line Downhill racer.
1992 Marin Pine Mountian old school mountian bike.
198X Mayata Al road racer.
194X Sunshine Waterloo resto custom (current project, was going to be ratbike...got too shiney)

Autos:

1985 Jeep CJ7 resto custom
1991 Topaz (the slowpaz) only 79K...bought it when the price of gas went up and I relized I was burning about $350/month in the Jeep.

Also Mint original 1985 Honda NS400R (bought new, first year out of college)

Currently looking for old bike projects, to rat or resto...old bikes seem hard to find in Canada. I like schwinn, but hard to come by.

Been thinking about doing an electric rat bike...one of those front wheel motors that look line a big drum brake. You know...$25 for the bike and $600 CDN for the motor/wheel set up. :mrgreen: But, then again I have alot of strange ideas. :|

wow another canada ratter. cool how many does that make now? just remember to keep on ratt'in eeeayeee?

wow another canada ratter. cool how many does that make now?

That makes at least two of us who are in Calgary. Rumour has it there's a bunch of Canadains from over on the other side "o" the Rockies. Some guy named "Clothespin", I think he may have posted once or twice...

-Mp

Latest posts

Back