RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER by FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "KLUNKENSTIEN" IT'S ALIVE....

I like the disc brake add-on. Have any of you tried those rear hubs with gears inside? Also, did you get the entire chopper or just the forks? And what will you do with that fat tire if you got the whole thing?

Re: "KLUNKENSTIEN" IT'S ALIVE....

roam'inchops said:
I like the disc brake add-on. Have any of you tried those rear hubs with gears inside? Also, did you get the entire chopper or just the forks? And what will you do with that fat tire if you got the whole thing?

I had 3 of those bikes and kept the forks/headset & wheels/tires! I will sell you a set for $10 + shipping! They are used, But still in good shape. I can do paypal if you want. Let me find out how much shipping is for 2 tires, If you want.
I also have some new schwinn tires, 20x4 ! They WILL fit on a regular tire, I have done it and it looks bad ...!You need a wide back end though! Let me know what you think, GERRY D.

KLUNKENSTIEN..... BRAKE MODIFICATION

I have been looking at the Alan Bond's "CLUNKER" site, http://clunkers.net/ and I love those bikes! I really like the look of the old cantilever brake systems that they are running on some of their bikes....So I am going to weld canti posts to my fork to give it that old school "KLUNKER" look. So it will be a disc on the back & cantilevers on the front with an extra long cable (photo 2)because that sh*t is bad *ss! Here are some photos from Alan Bond's CLUNKER site.
(1)
nn4e1c.jpg

(2)
30hmr0y.jpg

(3)
fu2sfb.jpg

(4)
2njxzs9.jpg

(5)
1zlxk5k.jpg

Re: "KLUNKENSTIEN" Perfect seat!

FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS said:
Thanks a lot for the props Karfer67! I have an old "Guaranteed" hair pin saddle but I was thinking more like a brooks saddle or something like it! Maybe something like this(1), But the hairpin saddles are killer!(2)

(1)
160c0h2.jpg

(2)
1zm0zg6.jpg

If anyone has a Brookes saddle they want to sell for cheap...LET ME KNOW! Thanks, GERRY D. FBK.

I found this seat and did a little modification to it...It used to be a triple spring seat & I eliminated one of the springs(front) to make it not so wobbly!

veaxk3.jpg

Re: "KLUNKENSTEIN" ....I'm stepping up!

I have been re-thinking my entry.....I am NOT pulling it out, But making this ride MUCH better than planned! It will have some style, some tech and a lot of old school influence with a dash of new school influence too! I checked out the EBAY guy who sells stencils & I'm hooked! I will be adding the O.G. stencil kit to make this baby purr!

2i8810m.jpg

The colors will NOT be flat black like I intended, but a gloss black front & a gloss grey back ...I think this will be the sh*t !Black & grey with white walls! Should be an upset! HOPEFULLY. If not I am having fun! GERRY D. FBK.

Re: "KLUNKENSTEIN" IT'S TIME TO STEP UP.....FOR REAL !

I have now realized that this build is for two events...Not only the online ratrodbike.com BUILD OFF 4 , but the http://www.myspace.com/cruiser_crawl event in August! This will be my official ride for this event....But I will have more additions to this bike before the ratrodbike deadline! Hope you are ready for this sh*t ! UUUmmmm! It is on !

Re: RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER aka KLUNKENSTEIN aka FULL MOON BOMBER!

I have finally purchased my stencil kit from ebay & it should be here in a few days. I haven't done ANYTHING to this bike in weeks! I just started collecting parts again & I found a new front wheel (will be painted gloss black) and found a cross bar for my mt.bike bars (it will be black also) ! I will go out in the garage tonight to cut off the cantilever mounts & cable guides from an abandoned frame....I will then weld them to my triple trees & frame ! Should look good! GERRY D. FBK.

(1) New ALEX sealed bearing front wheel.
r2j30m.jpg

(2) New cross bar.
2lnd4pe.jpg

Re: RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER aka KLUNKENSTEIN aka FULL MOON BOMBER!

I decided for now to go with these grips, I also have a "schwinn approved" stem washer that will go with these grips. I didn't get a chance to do any welding like I said I would....just started a new job! I will try to have more photo's this weekend of the finished welding!

ws2sna.jpg

20fclsl.jpg

Latest posts

Back