RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER by FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been asking if there was to be a klunker build off 2 and I was told that there will not be one for awhile...But I was informed about this build, so I am building a rat bike klunker ! HA ! So this is a picture of a bunch of bikes and frames that I have on the side of my house...the black & pink frame (closer to the top right of photo)is what I am building. It is a 1985 Schwinn frame(?) , I will check the serial numbers to make sure! I will post more photos soon! GERRY D. FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

2s9sxsk.jpg

Re: RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER/FULL MOON BOMBER by FLAT BLACK KUSTOMS.

u win for best name for sure

I am going to use a pair pf triple trees off of a Jesse James WEST COAST CHOPPER bicycle.....I have to grind the the cups since they are 1 1/8th cups but it will be great.Then I will slide, cut & bob out the fork to make it lower. It should be a good one!

2j3qm1u.jpg

You may not have the only Klunker in the build off *insert dramatic mystery movie music* (this is me hyping up my build) But I hope you heal up fast and get back to work

Haaw! Dag. Well I guess just a chip is good news. (?) On the other hand, dentists are expensive. On the bike tip, Klunkers sound like just your bag. Roll with it. Cheers, Quick

RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER/FULL MOON BOMBER ...1ST PICTURES!

The first thing I did was weld on a disc brake mount to the rear left chain stay. Crappy welds....But they work and will be ground down(see photos)! I am using a SUN"DOUBLE WIDE" mt. bike rim for this application! It will be f****n off the hook!
I will be putting white walls on this bike also! I am just mocking this bike up as I go...paint will come later!

rw5177.jpg

2j64x2f.jpg

213ok08.jpg

s1468o.jpg

Re: RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER/FULL MOON BOMBER ...1ST PICTURES!

The next thing I did was to put on the forks! I had to grind the cups....a lot, to get them to fit in this frame because the forks are 1 1/8 steer tube/headset! I marked the forks where I wanted to cut and dismantled them....and cut,cut ,cut! They look real good with this low stance!

24c8rh1.jpg

29osrd2.jpg

66gml2.jpg

Re: RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER/FULL MOON BOMBER ...1ST PICTURES!

maybe a rideable replica hair pin seat. they are cheap compared to a brooks unless u get lucky. cool bike by the way

"KLUNKENSTIEN"

Thanks a lot for the props Karfer67! I have an old "Guaranteed" hair pin saddle but I was thinking more like a brooks saddle or something like it! Maybe something like this(1), But the hairpin saddles are killer!(2)

(1)
160c0h2.jpg

(2)
1zm0zg6.jpg

If anyone has a Brookes saddle they want to sell for cheap...LET ME KNOW! Thanks, GERRY D. FBK.

Re: "KLUNKENSTIEN" aka RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER

Found a problem with my cranks, so I will not be using this set of 3 piece cranks! They are slipping so much! I bought them off of craigslist for $20 and thought that was a score.....NOPE ! Those cranks are a P.O.S!
I think I might go for a set of 1 pc. cromoly cranks with a 46 tooth sprocket and rat trap pedals! Keepin' it old school!

fn5n53.jpg

Re: "KLUNKENSTIEN" aka RATRO HYBRID KLUNKER

i never have luck with 3 piece cranks on cruisers. i like the simple clean look of one piece cranks anyways. that first seat shown is cool too.

Re: "KLUNKENSTIEN" LIVES...Let me know what you think so far!

ya know, you guys from medford can't build bikes. man that bike is flat UGLY. how can you even post that. i am coming down and take it off your hands. don't worry, i'll take care of it for ya, then ya can build a real bike. haha, got ya. lived there back in the early 70's. worked and logged for medco when it was there. have a real good friend that lives there. when i get back down i'll let ya know. have fun building the bike.

Outlaw

Latest posts

Back