Raw steel cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raw steel project. Frame was sandblasted so its raw with all those coloring, imperfections and blasted surface. Just perfect. (blasted frame with fork and fenders cost 60 euro)
DSC05633.jpg

I had a nuvinci 360 gearbox ( got it with different bike, changed wheel and sold it - Free) so I decided to use it on this project. In the mean time I got 8fun motor (guy found it on a scrap yard but needed just a bike, I offeret to remove it from the frame for him so again - free)... and its working so bike will be motorized now. Battery will be hidden in old leather ammo pouches. (got 36V battery with broken BMS - 20 euro, couple more cells from broken laptop batteries - free, new BMS - got it free when I bought battery for my other bike, ammo pouches - 5 euro in military surplus)
Schwalbe Fat Frank is the fattest tire I could use in this frame. - 12 euro each

Frame is clear coated with engine lacquer - suppose to be designed to cover raw steel engines with no base paint. We'll see how that goes. (8 euro for spray can)

A bit of searching and I got old leather saddle for 15 euro.

couldnt wait for fork to dry out so I put any other under my hand just for show.
IMG_20170408_110702.jpg

Shaping up.

IMG_20170425_065552.jpg

Dont really like the handle bar stem... I have some old BMX one, hope it will fit.
Work in progress.

Last edited:
Where are you, my friend? The frame look similar to what they sell here, in Poland.

im in Ireland but yea, frame from Poland. like would be most of parts im using for my projects.

looking at your profile Im from Poznan too, Kaponiera and later Piatkowo.
Polska górą!

These polish bee light reproduction are so good quality! Bright light and super soft comfy button, i am so in love with them. The strange decision with color is the only flaw of them.

These polish bee light reproduction are so good quality! Bright light and super soft comfy button, i am so in love with them. The strange decision with color is the only flaw of them.

I painted hood of light black. color of button - bright yellow... tried to paint that too but didnt work. I'll find other way to cover it.

Anyone knows if there is a way to mount disc for discbrakes in to a rollerbrake place? (looks kind of a centerlock but is it?)

Or I have to buy special adapter - its nuvinci N360 hub.

Anyone knows if there is a way to mount disc for discbrakes in to a rollerbrake place? (looks kind of a centerlock but is it?)

Or I have to buy special adapter - its nuvinci N360 hub.
Might be easier to fit a disc wheel to the front.

Yes it would be...
I have magura rim brakes for front but to use front brake as main brake I would need to lower mass center of a bike and change front fork for suspension. (anyway as motor is in the middle and nuvinci on the back - bike is heavy anough so it might work)
might be a better way... and then get new good roller brake for back.

I painted hood of light black. color of button - bright yellow... tried to paint that too but didnt work. I'll find other way to cover it.
I guess it would also look cool on your bike if you do the opposite - scratch off the paint with steel wool and do clear coat over raw metal. For changing the color of the rubber you can try to heat it with the lighter, so the surface of the rubber would burn a bit and turn black.

Latest posts

Back