Raydarlux Space Cadet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started off with a Dutch folding bike , with the idea of making a sorta something like a Spacelander. A Chopped Kustom with a K Spacelander with a nod to Dan Dare comics Pulled bits off the scrap pile , made a skeleton, and carved the bodywork from Blue/Expanding foam . Mudguards are made of lots of other mudguards ( theres about 10 in the front one ) NSU Quickly forks
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/radarlux-space-cadet.111053/View attachment 133597View attachment 133598View attachment 133599View attachment 133600View attachment 133601View attachment 133602View attachment 133603View attachment 133604
Wow! Incredible custom work!

This is definitely the coolest alien ridecraft that has ever been built on RRB!
Magnificent work there. Such style!!!! I love it man!!!
CONGRATS!!

One of the class 2 projects I followed. Lots of obvious effort and very nice result. Could pass for a prototype design. Well done!

This Bike is a Show Stopper!

monkey_in_space_1.jpg

Ready Sir...

Once again , thanks for all the positive words folks , It really means loads to me . It makes the shed full of filler dust over every surface , the weeks of rubbing down and finding more bits of rubbing down , the Metalflakes that got everywhere , house , car , they even somehow found their way to work several miles away ( on my clothes I guess?) I applied the flakes by blowing handfuls of flakes on sticky clear coats . It looked like I was summonsing fairies, or being a rubbish magician to casual observer's. There were times I thought what am I doing ? Others I was thinking I really don't know what I'm doing .Yep the response I have here is all worth it Thanks Guys

Really like the flow of the front fender braces, through the frame and back to the rear fins. Great work. The red and silver metal flake fit the design perfect.

BRAVO on the win! Killer build and a blast to follow! CONGRATS!

BRAVO on the win! Killer build and a blast to follow! CONGRATS!
And congrats to you too sir :)
Spose I had better say something, I've been wanting to say something , just I don't know what something to say .
Im a guy in a garden shed in Slough UK ( anyone who isn't familiar with Slough ...and I can't blame you , If you say you are from Slough, folks tend to hide valuables and back away slowly)
I've been messing about with bikes since I was a kid , I've been cutting them up a while too but this things been a whole nother level to build .
This has been in my uncomfortable zone ( not a mistake, it's certainly beyond my comfort zone ) there has been times when I thought what the heck am I doing , then I settled down, admitted to myself , I genuinely had no idea what I was doing. If I didn't know what I was doing just by doing something progress was happening . With this sort of reasoning there was no way I could fail :)
I would like to say thanks to everyone who voted , hit like on my posts , offered ideas , advice , cheered me on, and didn't laugh too much at this limey idiot making it up as he went along .
Massive props to the guys that organise this , collate stuff , and indeed Mr Rat Rod himself for putting all this on . Congratulations to everyone that placed/ entered a bike / started a bike you are all winners
Peace and love
Thank you
Mark

Latest posts

Back