Re: Joining the club - fun in the snow!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joining the club

I did ship-to-home on mine, and it actually arrived 2 days early from what the walmart site was saying :mrgreen:

ship-to-store hopefully won't differ much for you.

There was one on Craigslist that had a motor on it. The only issue is that the motor has to be mounted waaaay off center for the drive chain to clear the tire.

blown240 said:
There was one on Craigslist that had a motor on it. The only issue is that the motor has to be mounted waaaay off center for the drive chain to clear the tire.

Yeah I was kinda thinking about that myself. It would be cool though.

Also got to thinking, Will I have any problems running this crank (thinner chain) with the wider single speed chain?

UPDATE! Getting closer!
10/11/13 6:19 PM Arrived at FedEx location INDEPENDENCE,KY

outskirtscustoms said:
Also got to thinking, Will I have any problems running this crank (thinner chain) with the wider single speed chain?
Should not be an issue, done it plenty of times!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Should not be an issue, done it plenty of times!

Luke.

Thanks Luke! :D

Walmart does the online price dance with many of the bicycle accessories and some of the bikes. It's best to track their online price for items your interested in for a while and figure out the lowest price a given item drops to. I've noticed in the past few weeks their bike items haven't been changing price as much. Guess it could be because we're into fall now and demand may softening. Nobody knows the mysteries of Walmart online pricing. :roll:

Probably because layaway is coming back this week (13th) and Christmas is coming up :wink:

UPDATE: My bike is in KOKOMO!!!
10/12/13 6:35 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery KOKOMO,IN Scheduled for delivery next business day
10/12/13 5:24 AM At local FedEx facility KOKOMO,IN

I found an image online to kinda cut up in paint and play with before I have to go buy a welder, cutting disks, and risk turning my brand new $200 bike into a pile of parts. I think someday when I get bored with this bike I might consider doing this... One main thing is notice how I would move the crank just forward of the seat mast for better leverage to the crank. I loosely based my design on the Laguna cruiser and older 1940's bikes to give it an old-school feel. Seat and bars would definitely be swapped too. What do you guys think??? Then maybe make some fat tail dragging fenders, a tank with plenty of storage, and who knows what else.

You could try to find an old cruiser frame and chop it up. That way you still have your beast to ride until your ready to swap the parts over.

blown240 said:
You could try to find an old cruiser frame and chop it up. That way you still have your beast to ride until your ready to swap the parts over.

Yeah but I'd have to chop the Beast anyway to get the wide bottom bracket, and keeping the geometry right would be much easier considering the rear wouldn't change other than adding a few inches to the chain-stays and basically making a new top tube and adding in another bar. Probably won't happen for another year or two (If it ever does) just kinda thinking ahead and making plans of what it COULD be. Maybe I'll save it for Build Off #10 :mrgreen:

I like your plans. I recognize the background behind your wheels. You must have gotten that image from that cool guy that sells Lunar Bi-Rovers on ebay. :p

kingfish254 said:
I like your plans. I recognize the background behind your wheels. You must have gotten that image from that cool guy that sells Lunar Bi-Rovers on ebay. :p

Found it on Yahoo Images but yeah I think it is his picture, The Lunar Bi-Rover is the closest thing I could find to the Mongoose Beast. :lol:

Latest posts

Back