Re: Joining the club - fun in the snow!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joining the club - fat trailer

I got bored today so I started looking through my parts pile getting ready for my Beast and found something I almost forgot about, my "Rural King" tricycle project that has sat in the back corner of the shed since I got it. I was planning a drift trike build but this is better. I did a little playing around and would up with this: A fat tire trailer to go with the fat tire bike. :mrgreen: Also they are a lot more heavy duty so no more worrying about how much the plastic wheels will hold. :wink:

Re: Joining the club - Fat trailer

Thanks, I thought those wheels gave it a cool rugged look. It did reduce the ground clearance but who cares, it's easier to load and looks cool.

MO FATTA MO BETTA

FedEx Delivered it! Now just waiting on Wal-mart to process it so I can pick it up! Next time I am having it shipped to the house. Then home for assembly and grease. :roll:

outskirtscustoms said:
FedEx Delivered it! Now just waiting on Wal-mart to process it so I can pick it up! Next time I am having it shipped to the house. Then home for assembly and grease. :roll:
At least is nearby now :mrgreen:

I'll be following this thread very closely as this fat-trailer idea seems pretty awesome.
Can't wait for the build
thumbsup.gif

Me too, I haven't slept in days. Already got my parts, tools, and grease all laid out ready to go at this thing full force.

hckngrtfakt said:
At least is nearby now :mrgreen:

Had I known it was FedEx shipping it I'd have had it shipped to my house, The FedEx driver lives literally next door to me. :lol:

Weigh it before you tear into it. Its fun to see the pounds fall off...

you can just hold all the parts while they are still tied together from the box.

blown240 said:
Weigh it before you tear into it. Its fun to see the pounds fall off...

you can just hold all the parts while they are still tied together from the box.

I don't have a scale or I would. I know the FedEx shipping weight was 54 pounds though! :shock:

Re: Joining the club - BEAST trail ride

I went and picked up the Beast today and man when I saw the box... :shock: I have seen pictures and I knew it was big but nothing quite prepares you for the ridiculous size of these things! After getting this massive box home I open the box and all you smell is rubber. The tires are so huge you can smell them!

first thing to come out of the box is the front wheel, I took one look and my jaw dropped! It is HUGE!

Got it greased and assembled and went for a ride. Every block I was stopping and letting people look at it. This thing gives you that feeling of invincibility it just goes over such rugged terrain with so little effort. It is awesome! I love it. I should have bought one months ago!

Only damage out of the box was a scratch on the head tube and another on the fork.

All together, If you are wondering it did come with a chain guard but I took that "excess packaging" off. :mrgreen:

Didn't stay this way long, the bars were way too low and the seat was a typical Mongoose BMX style seat that feels like a brick so both got swapped out, I took the seat off my shop stool I got at a yard sale and the Redline knee saver bars and Trek Grips I had in my parts pile as well as a pair of Specialized bar end plugs I had laying around. I love this thing! Rides so nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWeQ7MI- ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7J8BVZ3 ... e=youtu.be

Congrats Man!

I saved your side photo of the bike stock, so that I can have a before and after for mine. I never actually had mine together stock.

blown240 said:
Congrats Man!

I saved your side photo of the bike stock, so that I can have a before and after for mine. I never actually had mine together stock.

I only put it together stock to get a photo, as a matter of fact I pulled the chain guard before I remembered to get a photo. If you look close only two of the stem bolts are tightened too. I went as far as to sit on it stock and immediately wanted to change it. The stock seat is just too narrow to be comfortable on this type of bike and the bars were just too low. With my current setup it rides MUCH better.

Are you going to swap out the cranks?

Also, A nice trick for a rear gear is to use a cog from a cassette. You just have to grind down all but 3 of the slots in the middle. That gives you MANY options for gearing, and I think any old cassette will give up a cog if you remove the 3 pins that hold it together.

Yeah I'm swapping the cranks as soon as my crank puller comes in. (Just ordered it yesterday)

Just looked at the cranks and chain rings I am going to be swapping on here and I will be going from the stock front sprocket of a 36 tooth to a 32 tooth with alloy crank arms, they are the same exact length though. How much will that 4 tooth difference change the gearing?

Latest posts

Back