Re-tired Stripper (Formerly Spit Ply-er) IMAGES ADDED

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well this has been an incredibly fun time building this bike. It's the first time I've built a bike and definitely not my last. I found out about this build off just as the voting started last year and I was amazed at all the bikes so I knew I wanted to participate when it came back. The level of talent on this site is second to none. I had a lot of help to make this all possible including everyone that's followed my build and I'm thankful for the support. I have to thank my very understanding girlfriend for putting up with an absent boyfriend at times this last month when I realized I was at risk of ending without a complete bike! I really couldn't have finished without her support. I also have a lot of friends that helped with different things like the final photos, donating parts or supplies, and especially donating their time to help me get the tank milled correctly. Thank you to them... they know who they are!

With that said, I hope everyone likes the bike! I had a tough time narrowing down the pictures so hopefully the bike is cool enough to keep everyone looking until the end!

Lastly, here is a link to the build thread if any one is interested:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...er-formerly-spit-ply-er-done-basically.83360/

Sideviewmuralbrick.jpg

The first shot we took is the one I think that turned out the coolest.. so that's the one I wanted to show first!
nonchainsidewormseye.jpg

tankdetail_S.jpg

rearchainside.jpg
rearhighview.jpg

chainsidewormsview.jpg

rearwithtracks.jpg
frontchainside.jpg
vintagelook.jpg
tankfocus.jpg
seatandtankblurred.jpg
headlight.jpg
crankandchain.jpg
sideviewtrain.jpg
sideviewfacingsun.jpg
rear3Qgravellot.jpg
sidegrass.jpg
reargrass.jpg
Firetruck_02small.jpg

Last edited:
Tank is over the top, very clean build.

I think it actually looks really good raw rather than painted. I say job well done. The tank is ground breaking stuff.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I added the two forgotten photos into my original finished post... saw that I had until 10 PM CST and realized I could add it just in time!

That tank is a work of art!
The rest of the bike does it justice too!
Congrats!

This one beautiful build. The tank is cool & unique; especially leaving it natural wood.
Thanks, I ended up leaving it that way because I was afraid of messing it up when applying stain. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I still think it would look good with a little sheen but I'll have to experiment on a scrap piece of ply some day to make sure I like the look before I touch this bike again!

Great different way to make use of the visibilty of layers in ply and a high tech way to shape it.

For those of us who have limitations on what we can now do 'hands on' confirmation that there may be ways to plan a vision and outsource the actual machining, similar to having certified welder do structural or safety items on a rod.

Great different way to make use of the visibilty of layers in ply and a high tech way to shape it.

For those of us who have limitations on what we can now do 'hands on' confirmation that there may be ways to plan a vision and outsource the actual machining, similar to having certified welder do structural or safety items on a rod.
Thanks! Yeah, I like getting my hands dirty and making something by hand but I also love how precise you can get when using machines to help!

Hey ; How did i miss the Build on this one ?, Great lookin Bike , Just the right amount of Everything ! Love the Tank , Can you build me one ?

~RafaeL~

Latest posts

Back