Really ride your bikes?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, I have a 68 Shelby GT500KR, no trailer for me. I drive it.
Kenny

img_7162-(small).jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am turning green with envy, nice car!~ My 90 might beat it but it'd never look so cool!

mitchelangelo said:
i work til dark during the winter but we usually get to ride around 15 miles every weekend. Best thing I did to the Dyno was lace in a Nexus 7 speed! We live in VERY hilly country. You might try going back to aluminum wheels and 2.125 tires? Looks like you have steel wheels with heavy spokes and tires. Just a suggestion. :)

schwinnndyno005_zps4316ed78.jpg
Actually, I just built the tank wheels! And they are tanks! The best thing I did was add the 3 speed!
My ride got a little longer than I should have went for knowing the seat and bars were wrong, I was just a bit suprised how sore posistion made me!
My hands hurt, my lower back killed, and my undies buched up like a rag tied in a knot!
I am going to go for a nice ride this coming weekend, try out my modifications, but I will be carrying a tubing cutter for the bars. A wrench for the seat!

two spot said:
I ride this one about 2.5 miles per day with the dog. When my wife is off work and she can watch the hound (she is a teacher) I'll commute to work on it which is a 14 mile round trip. I added a Nexus 8, front drum brake and layback post. Those mods were for function. Wide rims and other goodies for fashion. It is heavy for a commuter, but my route is pretty flat, and the questions and looks that it gets makes it worth it. :D

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0860.JPG

Regards,
That is an awesome bike, where is the front brake handle???? Driving me nuts not seeing it!

i baught my bikes to ride!
I do have 1 thats the "purdy" bike but i still ride it.
When theres not an organized ride near, ill go for 2,3,4 plus hour rides around my area.
Been swapping parts around on my bikes lately, its like a whole new bike every time so i gotta check the ride and adjust as needed.
In short :roll: ..Yes i ride em!

Yeah. That is the whole purpose of building them isn't it?
This one gets the most road time for me. Normally about 10-15 miles a week(depends on the weather and how much I'm working at that time)
116_3981.jpg

My wife racks up about 8 miles a day on this one:
IMG_0088.jpg

Keep 'em hidden and never ridden! :p

That is an awesome bike, where is the front brake handle???? Driving me nuts not seeing it!

Thanks! It has been fun building this bike into my dream machine. Still have more mods planed. I took the pics before I hooked up the brake cable. Here is the front drum all hooked up and stitched grips installed. Pretty much everything I have added has been painted OD green to match the bike.

IMG_0919.jpg

Regards,

silvertonguedevil said:
I enjoy being on my bikes so much that I find that I usually ride them until I'm beat. Riding these big ol' cruisers really puts a big smile on my face. It's addicting!!
same here :D i love how riding these bikes is not like others ...for my part ,i pick up speed quick, then coast ,and repeat .. instead of a constant pedaling , except for going up hill , i feel like its almost the same as a regular bike cause of the momentum and the laid back position is better than the bent over position of a road bike for long runs

I have raced crit, mountain (cross-country and downhill) and cyclocross competitively. I burnt out on it all years ago though and it was only acquiring a few Felt cruiser bikes that recently brought me back to riding. I enjoy going slow and checking out the sights here in Scottsdale and Phoenix, AZ. It is something I can do with my wife and son since we all have similar bikes. It is nice to get back to basics and not be competitive about it. We might do 15-20 miles tops on a nice day and then stop somewhere and grab lunch.

Vista Cruiser Completed #2 by sunliner500, on Flickr

I try to get in a ten mile ride every weekend, and it's a tossup between my old MTB and the cruiser here. Right now the MTB needs a rear tube so it's the cruiser until further notice. The bars are fine, but I need a layback seat post so I can stretch my legs. Best thing I did was Armor-all the seat so my butt can slide around, rather than my shorts sticking to the vinyl and scrubbing around in the Grand Canyon as it were.

kensmurray said:
Agreed, I have a 68 Shelby GT500KR, no trailer for me. I drive it.
Kenny

img_7162-(small).jpg

I'd drive that till the wheels fell off! NICE ride.

I ride them ALL. My favs are original survivors, but I do restore a few, about 90%. And I ride them. I hate it when they get a scratch, but...I could always do it again.... Thats why I like the survivors.I just sold 4 this week. Im gonna buy a new Sun Spyder AT. Im enjoyin riding more...and I like odd lookers...I promised my son-in-law that I would fish most sundays this season. Biking only saturdays and after work during the week. I have 2 kayaks and a canoe, that will be used this year. I sold my bass boat last fall.. Down to 18 bikes now......storage aint a problem now.....

...I rode this ol Huffy over 2000 miles last year, almost every day of the year...it's got a wheels off a 5-speed mountain bike, just perfect for the ridin I do...(PS...can't wait for this weather to come back!)
rrb12001_zps1db48678.jpg

...here's a shot from yesterday; it started snowin like crazy rite after this shot.
243n3mo.jpg

34he1xe.jpg

My wife and I decided this spring we're going to ride 3 or 4 times a week. We started out doing really good, until I sprained my thumb and wrist pretty bad when I dumped my Redline RL220, makes it hard to grip handlebars.
827B4D15-3550-44DF-A27C-F98EA0C93050-1453-0000013B5E06F64F_zps6693bb5a.jpg

I love the weird looks I get being a grown man riding a 20" "kids" bike, but I ride 'em 12-15 miles with no problem. The P.K. Ripper is mine, one of many BMX bikes I own, the beach cruiser is my wife's

Latest posts

Back