Red Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Columbia I got this AM, pulled the trusses from my rat and stripped it to part out. Rides super smooth . I'll have to look up the year tomorrow.
20201003_155616.jpg

Steerer is mangled from stem being overtightened multiple times. One blade bent backward and very inward. Not sure what happens with the frame if i get paid out but downtube would need replacing and thats definitely above my skill level. I know a welder/fabricator in a race car shop who could do it but it wouldn’t be cheap and originality and value would be compromised. Frame tubes were wrapped in high density foam so i very much doubt the damage was caused in transit. I gave the seller the benefit of doubt. He could have missed it as i only noticed it when i turned the frame upside down. The fork blade was probably bent in transit as i saw photos of complete bike with its wheels on it. I believe he would have know the steerer was damaged as top nut was loose not as you would have found on an old bike sitting for years. .... shame as the rest of the frame looks really good. Was originally black/white. really rare model too.

Ebay paid out for the frame and shipping. First time they've come to the party on a deal gone wrong. Frame is a write off, the rear triangle is bent too,

Screenshot_20210321-144051_Contacts.jpg

He got it for around $1,500 on Facebook.

Definitely nicer than any of my bikes.

Holy schmoly that's a lot of stem!
I think the picture is a bit deceiving. It's only 110-120mm.
I've got a number of ideas for this build, one of which is a shorter stem and taller bars. But for now I just want to get it together, so I can have something decent to ride when I'm up here.

Also,
That's not a lot of stem. That's a lot of stem (155mm.):

I think the picture is a bit deceiving. It's only 110-120mm.
I've got a number of ideas for this build, one of which is a shorter stem and taller bars. But for now I just want to get it together, so I can have something decent to ride when I'm up here.

Also,
That's not a lot of stem. That's a lot of stem (155mm.):

Screenshot_20210331-083839_Chrome.jpg

Latest posts

Back