Red bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
GEDC0023_zpsa04bd261.jpg

The crappy skinny solid "Vista" fork on there has got to go. I need to dig out a spoke and the teeny tiny wrench for the front wheel. In the back, I plan to use the Komet hub wheel, but I'll give it a good going through before I'm certain. Already been through the Bendix not long ago.

GEDC0024_zpsb0412f6c.jpg

Bombs away!
Good luck buddy!

Well, shortly after my little tire experiment, I went to check on some stuff in the shed over at my mom's house. Hanging on a nail at the back, a pair of the same tires but with even sidewall coloring. :roll: :lol: Whitewalls it is, then. :mrgreen:

deorman said:
Hey, long time no read! You in it this year?
WHAT CHU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS?!? :mrgreen: It's Clobbering Time!!!

Managed to get off my duff and get started on this. Dragged the crusty old seat post out and replaced it with a longer shiny one. Somewhat straightened out the mangled chain guard and stuck it back on, drilled a new hole in the chain stay tab of an old chrome fender and mounted it. I was never happy with the messed up rear triangle on my DX, so it's in the parts pile. The fork from it seems to look normal here, so there it is.

GEDC0030_zps433d40e1.jpg

Re: Red bomber: Stage 1, standard issue, complete.

Here we have one more or less complete boy's bicycle, (mixed suppliers) circa my child hood.

GEDC0032_zps51fba5bd.jpg

It's been fun, but c'mon guys. Sheet metal and old dried out tires? :? Have you seen my bikes? :p Time to deormanize this old zombie. :mrgreen:

Re: Red bomber: Stage 1, standard issue, complete.

deorman said:
It's been fun, but c'mon guys. Sheet metal and old dried out tires? :? Have you seen my bikes? :p Time to deormanize this old zombie. :mrgreen:

IT"S HAMMER TIME!!

I was worried I might get stuck using some skimpy generic knobbies, but lucky me a "serious" tire fits. 8)
GEDC0034_zps9a8e9800.jpg

And one for the front. :D
55698fd1-cb3b-44bf-9a80-16eab92035c4_zps3454a49f.jpg

A little bit more my style. :wink:

GEDC0036_zps4c97743c.jpg

Now to wrench a couple of special parts from the pile, and wrap this puppy up.

A little "nowhere in a hurry" 36t sprocket and a tough JIS crank will help get my tired old behind back up out of the ditch. :wink:
GEDC0037_zps06819e49.jpg

Modern plastic pedals have a little better clearance and grip than the old blocks...
GEDC0039_zps45148e8d.jpg

...but they look like poop. :oops: Never mind. :p
GEDC0038_zps678d5300.jpg

Latest posts

Back