Red Mags

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Found these in the loft of a barn that I had looked in at least 5 times. Guess it took the fifth time to see em. Rear hub is bendix 76, but I can't find any other markings. Haven't cleaned them up yet though. Any ideas on who made em?

Ok, Steve, don't play with me. I plan on using them, ie( not selling), but do I have something here? I was thinking they were cheap Huffys...

Ok, Steve, don't play with me. I plan on using them, ie( not selling), but do I have something here? I was thinking they were cheap Huffys...

Probably not worth a ton in that shape. I've sold a set in similar condition for $75.

Try taking a scouring pad and some WD40 to them to see how they look.

Easy enough to re-dye those, done a few sets myself. Good find. ( glad you went back the fifth time ? :)

Easy enough to re-dye those, done a few sets myself. Good find. ( glad you went back the fifth time ? :)
Tell me more about dye process? Regular clothes-type?
This barn is a honey-hole for old lumber, doors, windows, etc. I had thought it would be a great place for an old bike too but had given up after looking it over pretty good. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a half of one mag hanging over the edge, then was blown away when I climbed up and found the other one. Made my day after getting my truck stuck going out there...

Latest posts

Back