• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Redline Monocog

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking for a Redline Monocog 26 or 29 inch wheel. I bought a 29 inch version for myself off of eBay and now I'm looking for one for my son. There's one listed on the local (St.Louis )craigslist but the guy has been trying for months to trade it for a bmx cruiser and just won't sell.
Anyway, let me know if you have , or know of, one for sale.

I've got an older (2007?) Monocog, 26". It is pretty...used :grin:. I was going to make a bmx cruiser out of it, but then I got a PL-26 off Amazon, so haven't a need for it any more. It would pretty much have to be completely gone through...and, I'm not even sure I want to part with the forks, but would the rest of it (if you wanted to go suspension forks...then you wouldn't miss the stockers :)).

Depending on what kind of bike your son likes to ride, you can often pick up the Redline PL-26 for under $400 (I got mine for $350-something) on amazon...currently at ~$415, but it fluctuates. Chromoly frame...would just have to swap out the bars if he wants something more mountain-bikey.

Let em know if you want pics,
Jason

I'll keep it in mind but I would like to get something that is complete or nearly so I don't turn it into another unfinished project.

Understandable :grin:.

I have this 2014 as well, but I'd probably not part with it for less than $500...and it isn't worth that much...but, it would cost me about that to replace it...

84032_0be3e6df2588e6e347445e4edc3fcf2a.jpg

I like that 2014 ! What seat is on it ?
I honestly don't know what year my 29er is. It should arrive on Monday according to fedex tracking, and we are supposed to get 4-6 inches of snow this weekend .:(

Brooks professional. We've had our winter the last few days...I took the Monocog out for a ride, but...riding in snow is way too much work :grin:.

90658_17d34f8c69b89020040902625de547a1.jpg

The color on the 2014s is awesome...its a deep green metallic with a transparent black over the top. The bike was pristine until the trip before the first pic...22miles of mountain biking with rock gardens, and creek crossings took the pristine right out of it :bigsmile:. If I got rid of it, I'd probably be right back on the innerwebs looking for another...probably the Flight 29er, as hopefully the prices have come down some.

Good luck on your search!

Latest posts

Back