REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious ??? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats the rat rod equal to a john force 1/8 mile burnout. As for gearing ain't nothing gonna change. So its a matter of what gear is front and back and maybe u used a slightly longer crank

wowsers Remix rocks :!: very sweet :!: and a happy belated B-Day

Troy

Nice grouping, hope you kept some of them.

I meant a dozen of remix :D There all awesome though!! Bare and chrome frames always impress me though. What is that giant chainring for?

3 wheeled wolfy said:
I meant a dozen of remix :D There all awesome though!! Bare and chrome frames always impress me though.

Yeah I'll post more pics of Remix when I get back home...I'm out of town right now and only have access to my archive in Photobucket.

3 wheeled wolfy said:
What is that giant chainring for?

The two bikes in my pic gallery with the giant chainring are Racycles, manufactured by the Miami Cycle Company of Middleton, Ohio, 1896 – 1918? Racycle offered 5 different models all known for its large front sprocket and speed.

The Pacemaker with its giant 40 teeth sprocket and 1-inch pitch chain drivetrain was initially considered an unlikely choice for comfortable riding by naysayers, published in their 1896 catalog; “No doubt many will remember the ridicule evoked by the models exhibited at the ’97 cycle show which were equipped with 30-tooth front sprockets.“A great cry of ‘Freak! Freak!’ was raised and much mockery elicited in the journals about the maker's rationale for using large sprockets, “this “freak’ feature surly would put much strain on the chain and caused the wheel to push harder?”

What is not clear is how Racycle concluded a larger sprocket could reduce chain strain and make their bikes easier to pedal?

They often advertised “The Racycle is different from a bicycle” promoting the technical feature; its unique bottom-bracket bearing and crank assembly. The crank bearings are mounted to the outside of the crank housing promoting easier pedaling.

I share this factoid with you because there’s some similarity with Remix? By all visual presence it looks like an oddity, a strain to pedal? But contrary, it rides smooth and easy compared to my other prewar bikes. Why? I’m not sure, but I’m guessing the upper crank hanger ‘the child stoker’ with its encased bearings has a lot to do with it?

It's a mystery? :D :D :D

outskirtscustoms said:
You have exceeded your limit of cool old bikes, you must now send me one bike of your choice. One of the Schwinn Motorbikes would be nice since you have two of them. :wink:

The Green Schwinn went to another collector a few months ago. The Black Schwinn was my very first Rat Rod build utilizing extra parts I had lying around. :lol:

fordsnake said:
outskirtscustoms said:
You have exceeded your limit of cool old bikes, you must now send me one bike of your choice. One of the Schwinn Motorbikes would be nice since you have two of them. :wink:

The Green Schwinn went to another collector a few months ago. The Black Schwinn was my very first Rat Rod build utilizing extra parts I had lying around. :lol:

Man if that's just what you got laying around I got to come look through your trash cans. :mrgreen:

fordsnake said:
I'm going to try and replicate this unique 1904 2-speed drivetrain on next year's build off :lol: :lol:

That's a mind freak right there! :shock: (But in a good way 8))

that 2-speed setup is amazing i never new something like that existed
I bet it would work real well on a recumbant bike
however after seeing what you can do i bet you will adapt a colson tandem rear steer setup
and build a bike that can be ridden foward or backwards
photobucket-45444-1362940172009_zps9f55bf5d.jpg

FYI, the 2 speed system is generally known as "Retro Direct".
Google "retro direct bike" and you will find links to many builds... most of us would have all the needed parts in our scrapheaps.
Personally I would swap the chain to the opposite rear sprockets so that you take off pedaling normally and change to pedaling backwards when you get to cruising speed.

Latest posts

Back