REMIX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

The challenge was to take a derelict bike and give it a new life. Transform it into something besides a utilitarian rider but also one that's visually captivating! A worthy brethren of last years Mofaux; the Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon theme.

This year I found myself again influenced by Jules Verne, but this time more inspired by Steampunk; a compilation of gears, cogs, and rivets!
I wanted to build a fantasy bike that would leave an indelible imprint of faux mechanical workings, but adorned with the opulence of the decadent and pretentious Victorian period.
Check out my journey: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72050

Congrats my friend on completing a Most Excellent time machine. It's way cooler than any old phone both.
Party on, Dude!

You succeeded when I look at this bike I think of Vern and the nautalis! the steam punk is also there and the elements of the 2 are blended nicely :D Superior build and a great follow up for last year :!: :!: :!: :!:

Troy

the12volt said:
Beautiful! Very well done!

Cheers,
Volt
thebigorangecat said:
For how bizarre this bike is, I predict a winner! Nicely done!

Double Nickle said:
Bicycle Art 8)

MrLeghorn said:
Congrats! The bike turned out fantastic. :D

Thanks so much guys...I really appreciate the thumbs up!

pkh1974 said:
What an awesome bike. Where's the flux capacitor?
Stealth from view and under the copper tank pod is the control used to activate the time circuits. Pushing the second silver button on the top of the tank activates the pod to open like a clam, revealing a multiple display of meters showing the destination, present, and last-departed dates and times.
After entering a target date, the cyclist must accelerate the bike to 22 miles per hour, which will ignite the flux capacitor and instantaneously send the bike and its rider to the target year and destination. Unfortunately the pod opening is malfunctioning…I’m still working out the glitches. :) :) :)

jats said:
You succeeded when I look at this bike I think of Vern and the nautalis! the steam punk is also there and the elements of the 2 are blended nicely :D Superior build and a great follow up for last year :!: :!: :!: :!:

Troy

Thanks so much...I really appreciate that you see the vision :wink:

Latest posts

Back