removing paint off of mag wheels??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just picked up a set of old bmx mag wheels and the previous owner painted them white and really bad job at that! :x i actually want them the yellow they were originally but didn't know if there is a trick to get the spray paint off easily or if i should just sand them down and repaint them??? they are plastic... and the yellow they were would match the project i want to put them on perfectly. any ideas that wouldn't be too abrasive and ruin the plastic??

brake fluid works on most plastics, keep it wet till it starts to lift, lighter fluid works too , but test both first to make sure it doesn't soften the plastic.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting a link to a different forum, but there is a guy on BMX museum named Butlerglc who bead blasts mags and z rims. He does really nice work, and it is very affordable... $20.00 + return shipping. Here is a link http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=200282
Tom

Latest posts

Back