restored redline 24

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have not had a bmx bike since 2002. and i have been dying to start riding again. i have been building vintage cruisers and stretched cruisers. been real broke as of late so getting a bike was not looking to happen. but i had some old dyno parts that i had been holding on to. this guy wanted the parts and wanted to trade me but he had nothing i wanted, so i have found the bike i wanted and had him trade for that bike and trade the bike for my parts. when i got the bike it was in worse shape then the pics let me know. got a redline stem that was striped out in the 2 bolts that clamp it to the fork tube. taped it to a 1/4-20 and fixed it. sandblasted every thing and painted white. some day it will be all powder coated.
redline grips and new tires and seat. i don't count the cost of the parts cause they were left overs and i had them for years. but got about $90 into it. need a better chain but thats it. here is the before and after.

That is a big diference and looking clean.. A chrome chain would look good on that cruiser... Nice Job Smut.!!!
Working on a few cruisers my self and another one on its way and waiting for its arrival..

Looks cool!Might want to drop your gearing to 39/18
i would drop it down but don't want to put any more money in it right now. the profile sprocket was nos and i had it for some time now. i have 3 other bikes i'm still working on and this dang bike as come along quick and for less money then the others. but as i rode it today i noticed something that really made me a little upset. i never noticed the forks were bent. not bad but enough for me to see when i was riding.

here is my bike with some mid school aluminum redline bars. had to sand them and polish them. did a 1/4-20 tap to the clamps. the chain i'm using is a just for now chain. will replace when i have some extra cash. comic con is coming up so it will be some time till i have money to spend.

Latest posts

Back