Reviving Track Racing?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 30* angle is insane. Maybe the idea is to keep one out of the saddle altogether. I like mine angled back a little past level, but much more than that and things get uncomfortable in a particularly uncomfortable way.

I think a path racer group would be pretty fun with bikes that are cheap and meant to be beat up. Fancy and expensive would be outlawed, ratty and trashed (but not unsafe) would be celebrated. It would mostly be for fun than outright competitive and it would be best IMO if anyone could pick up a yard sale 10-speed, maybe do a couple minor mods, and run it. I don't know if gears should be allowed or if that should be a different class, but whatever, I just think that's the kind of racing I would do today. I am way too aware of my mortality to do track racing and I would just be a moving road block, anyway!

That 30* angle is insane. Maybe the idea is to keep one out of the saddle altogether. I like mine angled back a little past level, but much more than that and things get uncomfortable in a particularly uncomfortable way.

I think a path racer group would be pretty fun with bikes that are cheap and meant to be beat up. Fancy and expensive would be outlawed, ratty and trashed (but not unsafe) would be celebrated. It would mostly be for fun than outright competitive and it would be best IMO if anyone could pick up a yard sale 10-speed, maybe do a couple minor mods, and run it. I don't know if gears should be allowed or if that should be a different class, but whatever, I just think that's the kind of racing I would do today. I am way too aware of my mortality to do track racing and I would just be a moving road block, anyway!
That could take off like the grasscar lawn mower races. Real entry level, hobbies type fun.

Latest posts

Back