# RHUBARB RAIDER# 8/5 DONE!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Sunday Best will have to wait a bit to finish properly, So I will jump in with a quick build on this 70 Hawthorne frame, and since I have all the parts it should be a little quicker, plan green with stingray triple tree red tires and a few surprises..
003-48.jpg

004-36.jpg

Re: Stress Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!7/15 start

Sweet start! Keep it up! Peace

i love what youve gotten going so far and i cant wait to see what you make of this. im really diggin that frame too!!!

Easy E

WOW!
That is a late frame switch, but I have no doubt you will pull it off!!!
Cool frame, ring, and forks to start with.!!!!!

No stress at all right???????

I didn't have a plan , but I like it, started with green, added some old three part color change paint on the drop out and head tube area, looked good , then I went to fog in some red,,,, then I had to laugh, looks just like what I started with, but new, I give you pearl patina!!!!
001-50.jpg

002-50.jpg

Re: Stress Free 7/20 Pearl Patina

Sweet!
I love the lines of that bike.

Man that frame looks loonnggg. Should be a killer build with those triple trees and some meat on the wheels!

I found another front wheel, cleaned up the rear, tore the fork down and got it done, starting to see a bike here, will not know about bars till I get my seat figured out, but she's a roller :D
008-25.jpg

006-28.jpg

007-29.jpg
You never know what will turn up riding around town
004-37.jpg

Re: Stress Free 7/21 A roller, muddy chevelle?

I like the red tires. And it doesn't look Chrismassy at all.

OCC forks looking good on there.

That paint looks nice...reminds me of an apple :mrgreen: Goes great with the red tires 8)

Gold Street Customs said:
Been thinking of a name change, any ideas ?
The Grinch, NV, Ratty Gonzalez....

Re: # RHUBARB RAIDER# formerly Stress Free

Why # RHUBARB RAIDER # , why not , I think it is the first time rhubarb has been used for the name of a bike, and yes time is not on my side and I am going out of town this weekend. Still need to make my seat ( I am using old licence plates & a banana seat), pick a chainguard, find my fog light, fab a tail light, and hopefully get my bunny killing apparatus mounted ( what else do you know that raids rhubarb), now time to get to work, really have to be there by nine :lol:

Re: # RHUBARB RAIDER# bunny plans????

Made a little progress last night, got my chain, kickstand,and coaster strap installed , also found a chainguard I liked in the pile. I also found my foglight and vintage airspeed indicator off a boat? that I need a bracket for (pics later) but for now,,,
001-52.jpg

002-52.jpg

Re: # RHUBARB RAIDER# 7/25 some progress

I had these license plates laying around my garage from a trailer my parents had years ago, ya know the kind you take the wheels off and park for 50 years, Then I came up with this, the only question is leave as is or paint with rattlecan bedliner paint to make it more like a seat, and theres my fog light all tore apart for led conversion, still need to make a mount.
002-53.jpg

001-53.jpg

003-51.jpg

Latest posts

Back