RIP EVH

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant help but be sad after hearing that such huge part of my youth died yesterday. Working on bikes in my garage with all my friends crankin "women and children first" (got that album for my 16th bday!) living for Wednesday and Friday nights to go race @ the Orange "Y". My life was bikes, girls, Van Halen and VWs. Seems like yesterday. You will be greatly missed Eddie.
Screenshot_2020-10-07-09-52-48~3.png

I’m kind of hoping to see some tribute stuff in the pattern. I don’t think I’d get sick of seeing it.

I started doing research into the pattern because I want to be as accurate as possible and not just get the "feel" of the pattern. There are many many pictures to use as a guide. But I also found a mind boggling amount of information about the guitar itself. How Eddie painted it, add to it, re-did it several times, even added elements that were non-functional to confuse people trying to copy it! I've been a fan since 1982 and had no idea about a lot of it. In fact I alway thought he did a single red-black-white paint job. But that's not how it happened. I'm going to use this frame because it has a nice big flat tank to put the bulk of the pattern on.

IMG_9027.jpg

The original Frankenstein paint was white over black stripes, which is then masked over to be painted Schwinn bike red.

5150/1984 is simpler: white base, masked over to be painted red, then add a few black stripes.

The Shark/Ibanez Destroyer is base silver, striped with masking tape then painted red.

Bumble bee/ Charvel: yellow, masked stripes with dark navy blue.

Wolfgang: Frankenstein, except sub Dodge Viper blue for the Schwinn bicycle red.

the 1993 chev pickup was repainted red before it sold at barret jackson auction just had a stripe on it like his guitar but the original paint job was the whole truck was painted like his axe

Latest posts

Back