Ritchey Chrome MTB...help ID please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have done some research but can not pinpoint what model this bike is . From dating the brakes it looks like late 1980s .I have searched the Ritchey catalogs but am still confused.Also, a ballpark on value ? The black stem/bars combo came on the bike . The chrome bars came from a 1983 Ross.
IMG_1045.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG
IMG_1068.JPG
IMG_1087-001.JPG
IMG_1091.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG
Thanks for any help.

Rickeys were handmade at that point; I believe they might've had imported frames by late 80s, but top bikes were still made in USA. The very top of the line were fillet-brazed, but there were high-end US-built TIG frames, too. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the exact frame model you're looking at, but if those Shimano U-brakes are original, than the bike has to be 87/88/89. I bet if you go to the right subforum on MTBR, the pedants over there will ID the bike and tell you all about it within 2 hours.

Rickeys were handmade at that point; I believe they might've had imported frames by late 80s, but top bikes were still made in USA. The very top of the line were fillet-brazed, but there were high-end US-built TIG frames, too. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the exact frame model you're looking at, but if those Shimano U-brakes are original, than the bike has to be 87/88/89. I bet if you go to the right subforum on MTBR, the pedants over there will ID the bike and tell you all about it within 2 hours.
Thanks for the advice. I joined MTBR and a few hours later I had my answer . It turns out it is a Ross.

It does look like a cool bike. I doubt it is big enough for me .Going to put some wheels and a seat on it this weekend to see.

Like I thought,too small . Maybe I could try it BMX style like this picture I borrowed from the web...or just sell it .Any idea what it is worth,no wheels ?

MISSING: Boss cap for a Shimano BR MT61 U brake .If anyone has a parts unit I am interested .I think my cat Steve stole it,he is kinda special that way.
Ross Mt. Hood BMXer.jpg
IMG_2809.JPG
IMG_2813.JPG

Latest posts

Back