ROAD BIKES LETS SEE EM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mother of god that Ritchey... Well, I just built up my new fixie: a 1993 Diamond back Master TG.

RGy9KQ3EDHBevrkXkmpaeCE1f6hqyaeiEz1sWAlsDv8_zps09c093fd.jpg

8Efgf9_-l7n8pZhaxz2kQFRC3KA6hQbFOT9jJMiB0M8_zps834f2fa7.jpg

CgVg822gy1EOGI0vjujsN7YmjSXpwbNVJBTx2lnNZ_I_zps107d79fb.jpg

g8KgN4OWpRddwd3Vy5RNwRBBnfAcPv3JN0opYf-cnv0_zps0788ef06.jpg

GAdafPkGSSQMPf8nAmfkImeqx7lCRZdbudQXDqE7LNY_zpsa33d7d7e.jpg

Can you say RAD???

Thanks! It's actually made by Centurion in japan. Compared to my varsity, it weighs absolutely nothing!

Louison Bobet Cyclo Tourist
This mid-1960’s 15 speed Touring bike was built in France for the American market and was imported by Gene Portuesi’s Cyclo-Pedia mail order catalog and cycling hand book. The company was started in 1937 and traded well into the 1970’s, providing European components that were generally unavailable in the US until the 1970’s. Not only did they supply bikes and components but had a wealth of information on bike selection, bike tubing, use of derailleur gears, cycle camping, tubular tire repairs (remember them?), wheel building, spoke charts,cadence/gear charts, and gear ratio charts.
This particular bike was an entry level touring bike- steel frame, steel rims, cottered cranks, fenders, racks, and generator powered lights. A unique feature of the bike were the guidonnet brake levers, which enabled the rider to brake from the top of the handle bars rather than from the drops. This bike cost $100 at a time when an imported English 3-speed could be had for $40-50 and American balloon tire models cost $35 to $65. Of course, custom built cyclo-touring bikes with alloy components were hundreds of dollars so the Louison Bobet was really a bargain.
Since the derailleur, front rack, and head light are different, with no chain guard, I suspect that this bike is a slightly earlier model than the one on the page from this 1968 Cyclo Pedia catalog . Otherwise the bike is identical.

LB-1 by fanegatrac, on Flickr

Cyclo-Pedia Catalog by fanegatrac, on Flickr

LB-2 by fanegatrac, on Flickr

Not sure the specific year, but this is a Free Spirit Pinnacle FS-10 10 speed that was collecting rust in my back yard for over 3 years. It was free because someone unloaded it on my son, but his interest in bike building is nonexistent. I took it two weeks ago and cleaned it up with lots of CLR and added a GIANT multi-speed chain, 27" Kenda High Pressure Tires, Cellini bar tape, Bontrager bottle cage, Scwinn Gel seat cover to cover the horrible original, Bontrager inner tubes and made it road ready. It rides like a charm even though I had to take a bend out of the front wheel that must have come from a collision. I hope to change out the wheels for something a little more contemporary and sleek. It's already an eye catcher though especially in my little California desert town.

Dbubbleguy, she is a really nice and well sorted touring bike – looks like a great daily rider.
This is the bike I wanted in 1969 but could not afford. When I saw it on Ebay, I just had to have it. Unfortunately, the frame is too large for me so I can't ride it. It will be on display soon at the Newark Bike Project (Newark, Delaware) with other classic bikes from the 1940s onward.

This is the bike I wanted in 1969 but could not afford. When I saw it on Ebay, I just had to have it. Unfortunately, the frame is too large for me so I can't ride it. It will be on display soon at the Newark Bike Project (Newark, Delaware) with other classic bikes from the 1940s onward.
Shame you can't fit it, very cool!

Luke.

Here's my Schwinn World Tourist which was unfortunately stolen about a week ago. It was a fun bike to ride. However, I found a replacement today. It's a 73 Raleigh Sports

603fceb36ddca1ed1aa18912874c1ce6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/IMG]

No, it did not come equipped with it. It was an option. The bike looks exactly the way it looked in 73 catalog with Brooks seat, touring bag, pump with the exception of the generator light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Diamondback Insight....light bike and great for longer cruises. Just installed rear rack and bags.
ceee811b949bd49f3dc5b01671c2b505.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, it's comfortable. I replaced the handlebar stem with a shorter one with an upward angle so it brought bars a little bit higher and closer. Not much but it did the trick.

Latest posts

Back