Roadies - Uk bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For any roadies in the crowd, I am always looking for quality UK bikes such as:

Falcon - especially a San Remo
Condor
Jack Taylor
Mercian
Merckx(Falcon made models)
Bob Jackson
Lenton
Flying Scot

57cm or 22.5-23 frames.

Below is a later model Falcon full campy components.

IMG_1497.jpg

you wouldnt happen to know the year of this would ya?
100_0292.jpg

black diamond

The old Lentons were sweet bikes but they were heavy as a sack of bricks. Here is my old daily rider 58. It had Campagnolo and Cyclo Benelux components.

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

DSCN0479.jpg

Very nice Lenton. Thanks for sharing. Been looking for one in that era.

Here is my 63 raleigh lenton Sports. Wish mine had the light mount on the front fork.

63RaleighLenton.jpg

I think Rene Herse had one for sale at the Denver Veloswap. It was a pretty small one.

S'funny, I've never heard of or ever seen a Lenton in the UK. I'm wondering if it was an 'export only' brand. The ones pictured look like re-badged Raleighs.

Looking for another early frame and fork so I can build me another track version. English or early American.

email me if you have one for sale.

i have a unversal from the years when they were budget ralieghs, if it was painted in a better colour it would not look so awful.
i rode it to work once bent a rear wheel axel and stripped her down gunna build it into a uk style klunker
154hmbb.jpg

UK roadbikes arnt too unusual around here, mainly because i am at the source of them, the UK, but it is nice to see a good one every now and then.

Besides another vintage frame, also seeking another set of Brooks Grips" as shown above. And a set of Brooks pedal clips and straps.

Find me a nice Falcon San Remo or Triumph "King of Clubs" then we will see how scarce they are. :) Of course, never refuse a sweet Jack Taylor.

Markm,
Thanks for the info.

This is my 1948 Clubman. My latest find, I swapped it for a prewar Superbe that was **miles** too big for me.
Plan is to use it this summer, and if we're still getting along, I'm going to fix it up next winter.
Lovely machine to ride but yes, heavy as a ton of bricks. Incredibly heavy for a frame that's 531 throughout, a lot of the weight is in the Sturmey FM 4 speed hub.
I'm loading up my Carradice saddlebag with some warm clothes, a tent and some sandwiches, then going for an overnighter next week (was going to the other day, but the gear cable broke and I had to limp home in top gear).
IMG_0320.jpg

I love the old clubmans (RRA/Lenton/Beeston/ect)

Here's my tribute to Sheldon Brown... the frame was a 75 Raleigh Grand Prix
The writeup is here - http://velospace.org/node/15806

3191709637_ce27c9ed84_b.jpg

3193617299_b9bdb98a5f_b.jpg

3192556780_3c26a29371_b.jpg

3191711027_a1be6d8df4_b.jpg

And a 77 Grand Prix restoration I did in the spirit of the old clubmans

3019915722_89f1f60139_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back