ROBIN HOOD 1965

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPL

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not where to put this bike in the forums so it will reside here for now. There needs to be a classic 3 speed thread for all makes since I have some from the late '30s through to the late '70s. Anybody second that motion?

1965 Robin Hood 3 speed, Sturmey-Archer hubs, all else is essentially the same running gear that is on most 60's Raleigh roadsters of the same era. Original except tires and paint; missing mudguards. Brooks two-tone seat is in very good condition considering its age, chrome is great; overall VERY little rust if any. I'll be adding some painted "arrow" embellishments on the frame's top tube and chain guard (something I think these bikes should have had all along given its name/lineage/legend). A quality repaint will be done first in the same green style as the headbadge color; with white or silver outlining the lugs. I expect to put on the widest tires as the frame/rims/brakes can take and make this a 3 speed "klunker" for a friend who wants to go off-road (though not "mountain" terrain) a little more than what I built for him a couple years ago with 25mm tires; dangerous (for him, but not myself) for the rides I've been taking him on while I ride the 1 3/8" tires easily through the softer terrain and on the boardwalk with exposed nail heads protruding.

ROBIN HOOD 1965.jpg

ROBIN HOOD 1965 HEADBADGE.jpg

ROBIN HOOD 1965 BAR AND SHIFTER.jpg

ROBIN HOOD 1965 SADDLE.jpg

Last edited:
You need to put wood fenders on it from WOODY'S Fenders. He may be able to source the wood from Sherwood Forest (lol).
My thought (not far from yours!), is to find an old wooden bow, cut it in half and fit front and rear. A recurve bow would look kind of cool, but a "straight" bow would be more appropriate. Maybe strap a quiver to it?

Latest posts

Back