"Rock You Like a Hurricane" goes to the beach..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...in the beginning there was this......
FeerlessCalamity002.jpg

My wife, daughter and granddaughter will be assisting with this calamity. We are still debating and deciding what parts to incorporate into the build. More photos as we pro-gress!

This should be some GI-NORMOUS FUN!!

Re: Feerless Calamity

the basket is awesome the way it is! I have never heard of a Peerless but it looked like a cool project bike anyway. Theres no telling with all the individual ideas combined just how it will turn out.

Great having the family help! My son keeps asking to help, but I'm working too slow to keep him interested. :D

mitchelangelo said:
the basket is awesome the way it is! I have never heard of a Peerless but it looked like a cool project bike anyway. Theres no telling with all the individual ideas combined just how it will turn out.

It's a Snyder built frame, they made Hawthorne and Rollfast

It looks good just as it is, maybe oil the chain.

the fenders do look muscle bike. They may stay on the bike. I will have to add a few links to the chain and maybe 15 or so spokes to the wheels so they will go straight! LOL

Started disassembling and mocking up with spare parts. I always like to fit everything before painting. Found a use for the Jesse James forks that came off an old chopper bike. Still thinking we're gonna make it a 5 or 6 speed though. There's a lot of hilly terrain here. So this is an update on the progress.

beginning to fit the forks...
feerlessglide004.jpg

feerlessglide003.jpg

now have to cut the length of the forks...

Re: Calamity - "Dirty White Boy"

More fitting done...we decided on a Shimano 3 speed w/ coaster brake. Road tested and ready for more ideas!
calamity5-17001.jpg

calamity5-17004.jpg

calamity5-17002.jpg

I'm trying to achieve the same style on my next bike if the forks fit. I salute you sir! Don't get a big head just GTB!! Peace

Looking good.
I like the apes, forks, and tire choices.

took it on a 10 mile test run Sunday. The three speed gearing with the front sprocket (42T I think) is perfect!! Front and rear fenders fitted... a few other mods and additions and Dirty White Boy is about ready for the spray can booth.
Everyone's builds are really looking great. We don't expect to win anything...we're just having a blast building a cool bike and watching all the other builds!!
Rock On RRBBO'ers!

Re: Calamity

So the ladies decided on the color. A rattle can - sea foam green. I had wanted to paint it black and call it "Dirty White Boy" but the girls ruled that out. Now they want to name it "Hurricane" which would be pretty sweet and fitting too.
Now we have to decide on the pin striping or contrasting color(s). :D

calamity011.jpg

calamity010.jpg

calamity009.jpg

Re: Calamity - (paint update 5-27)

Ooo sea foamy!! Now there is a color that pops! Get ta Dryin'!! Peace

Latest posts

Back