Rockin' Rollfast - Finally a Video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARRGH! I think it's dead on the bench. No sound going thru it AT ALL. That ain't right, it's gotta be a bad ground, or a dead tube or a dead chip. So I poked around with it a while and decided to just start over. Reuse the tube socket and the rest I have more of. I loaded up when the Radio Shack across the street closed down.
I also have a plan B which I know works. I have a little Fender Mini Twin battery powered amp that I reboxed a long time ago in a cigar box with a 4 inch speaker. The guts of that thing ain't but about 2 inches square, I know it'll fit... I need to go eBay a speaker... I'd like one of those old long and skinny speakers like used to be in cars...(I want it to fit in the tank)

Carl.

ARRGH! I think it's dead on the bench. No sound going thru it AT ALL. That ain't right, it's gotta be a bad ground, or a dead tube or a dead chip. So I poked around with it a while and decided to just start over. Reuse the tube socket and the rest I have more of. I loaded up when the Radio Shack across the street closed down.
I also have a plan B which I know works. I have a little Fender Mini Twin battery powered amp that I reboxed a long time ago in a cigar box with a 4 inch speaker. The guts of that thing ain't but about 2 inches square, I know it'll fit... I need to go eBay a speaker... I'd like one of those old long and skinny speakers like used to be in cars...(I want it to fit in the tank)

Carl.

4 x 10 speaker?!?! Good luck, those are kinda hard to find these days!

they make some very cool portable speakers now and they sell for pretty cheap for what it is , lithium bateries usb rechargeble , and amazing base , could just buy one of these put you steam punk touch on it , snap it in there and be abble to remove and cary it if you want

Battery powered amp guts sounds like a good plan for the tanklifier. Can't wait to see this one!
Plan B will work for sure, but the option to be able to push a big cabinet full of speakers (think Marshall) means I need to wire something up along the lines of a Lil' Smokey or a Ruby. No problem there either, but I was hoping to get a simple tube preamp going too. Ambition occasionally gets in the way of my creativity... But I'm not whipped yet.
Also Harbor Freight has their little wire feed welder on sale this weekend, might just Happy Father's Day myself...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/254234...fe2b0639e0a9&gclid=CKKd8J6Xr80CFVGAaQodrd8F6A
il_570xN.859821527_lgnm.jpg

Plan B will work for sure, but the option to be able to
Also Harbor Freight has their little wire feed welder on sale this weekend, might just Happy Father's Day myself...

Those little cracker boxes are great, get some better wire than they provide and you'll be on your way. I like Hobart and Lincoln, I'm sure some other folks will chime in.
Also since were on the topic of little amps;
20160617_220134.jpg

Cigar box amp w/ t.v. knobs, guts,15 watt powered stereo speaker.
And because you mentioned the Mini Twin, here's mine stuffed into a RCA drive in speaker;
20160617_220036.jpg

Carl I have a laptop with Harmon Kardon speakers that are tiny but sound great. I know you're old school with the tubes but you might want to go digital for the battery powered setup?

Get that frame done!

Holy shish! @Uncle Shish Those are amazing guitars!!

Those little cracker boxes are great, get some better wire than they provide and you'll be on your way. I like Hobart and Lincoln, I'm sure some other folks will chime in.
Also since were on the topic of little amps;View attachment 26980
Cigar box amp w/ t.v. knobs, guts,15 watt powered stereo speaker.
And because you mentioned the Mini Twin, here's mine stuffed into a RCA drive in speaker;
View attachment 26981
That old movie speaker is awesome.

... but not always acoustic

Git sum!
Nice! Go looking in the "Show us" threads, we have one going about guitars... I have a few posted...

Carl.

Look at them old speakers! Ha, I'm goin' for the 50's tweed look. That's going to be the easy part. Gotta love eBay though, I get a lot of bits n pieces from eBay. I've been scoping out mini speakers from flat screen tv's since before @Chad T was telling me to go digital... August 31 deadline right?

Carl.

Last edited:
Look at them old speakers! Ha, I'm goin' for the 50's tweed look. That's going to be the easy part. Gotta love eBay though, I get a lot of bits n pieces from eBay. I've been scoping out mini speakers from flat screen tv's since before @Chad T was telling me to go digital... August 31 deadline right?

Carl.

August 1st Carl...

Latest posts

Back