Rockin' Rollfast - Finally a Video!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What carpenters do when they ain't got a welder handy...
(and I still ain't ready to cut that old frame yet either...)
RFH 004.jpg

Oh! Look at them bars! Crazy dragster butterflys... I gotta find a vintage stem.
RFH 002.jpg
I've been told it was a Rollfast but I can't prove it...
64 EH 88
9 2 3 4 9
RFH 001.jpg

214ec002b4b654465b230ef223418f13.jpg

Carl. :rockout:

Last edited:
Looking good head banger ! This thing is long and mean like an Angus Young guitar solo [emoji48] . That thing is stretched out like a Cliff Burtons base string !!!
I can't wait to see you ride it like lightning.... Rock on like Lemie .... Motor head [emoji88]
2967913acab411612d1a0cfeb3dd9533.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Found a tough seat. Tore the raggedy cover off the spring lined saddle that was on the Sears 3 speed I'm stealing parts from left and right...

yeah, parts bike
sears3spd.jpg

front wheelset, rear hub, and seat... so far...

Last edited:
Definitely want to cover that, I used a piece of leather from an old saddle bag for the seat on Artemus. Not the most comfortable, but much better than sitting on springs.

Looks cool but also looks like you could pinch something on them springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely want to cover that, I used a piece of leather from an old saddle bag for the seat on Artemus. Not the most comfortable, but much better than sitting on springs.
Polish that steel up and slide some clear plastic tube over those springs! :thumbsup:

Luke.
I've seen the seats done like this before, it's not all that original.
So, probably it's staying bare metal, I've sat on it already no problems.
Ya just have to remember not to wear your fuzzy skivvies... :21:
So I'll be cleaning it up some more, maybe even some polish.
Is @slowriderz back bending seat posts yet?

Carl.

Ok it's officially a gravity bike. I rolled down the driveway with my feet up and reached the blistering speed of maybe a 1/4 mile an hour... and I also figured out what to call these handlebars. They're adjustable Clubmans, and they seem to have grown some...
RFH 006.jpg
RFH 007.jpg

Last edited:
Well the 3 speed hub I'm planning on using is on hold till my spokes show up.
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/sears-hub-503-21-aka-steyr-aka-sa-aw.98119/
The flaw was waiting til today to order them...
so it sits on the mockup rim still instead of the Innova 2.125
DSC00940.JPG
On the plus side I've got rear brakes figured out, and I've tweaked my bars again...
DSC00943.JPG

She's long. May shorten the space between seat tubes when I get to fabbing the plates that will be welded in. (note to self: get on that ASAP!) Also running paint schemes thru my head... I want to match up to some Fender tweed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back