Roland the rat bike (:

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys got a new project rolling i've already done a few bits :)
Heres a few pics for you as i know how you all like pics haha
9cf2b611.jpg

d1310544.jpg

c8afe63c.jpg

8bf0095d.jpg

A touch of class i think, no?
10b6495a.jpg

A teaser for next time but for now it's goodbye :)
91fb7015.jpg

Haha yeah i do but i wanted the welds to look messy an knarled :) if thats what you mean?

hehe yeah i welded it properly then when over it on a lower heat setting to get that spattered look :mrgreen:
mo messy, mo rat :wink:

currently hacking one of those little led bike lights to fit in the little light in the picture :D

I like the name, but with that theme you're gonna have to go for this :shock:
550w_ds_icons_roland_rat_03.jpg

You planing on going for single speed or something else? I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. And if you got a better pic of the rear gusset?

Cheers Jonnie

Hahaha thats funny :) although i think i'll keep it black xD
It's a fixed gear 42-16 i think
And sorry about the quality pics where taken on my ipod >_<' i'll try and get a better picture
Update coming soon got a bit of the light done and the prep work for the rim :)

Here we go
First of all heres a better picture of the rear gusset
e092fb1f.jpg

The prep work for the wheel
01bf4f1e.jpg

The light :) just need to solder a switch in and mount it
080e6018.jpg

Sorry about the quality my ipods the only camera i have at the mo :(

Erm nope whos that? xD and indeed iv'e just packed in gor the night masking up haha :)

It's a great song by Warron Zevon about a mercenary in Africa in the '60's. I was just wondering what the name Roland was about. This is a really cool build. 8)

Haha thats cool man :) the name came about when me and a friend where talking about the bike :') and thanks rolands my daily ride haha xD

nick_ish said:
Hahaha thats funny :) although i think i'll keep it black xD
It's a fixed gear 42-16 i think
And sorry about the quality pics where taken on my ipod >_<' i'll try and get a better picture
Update coming soon got a bit of the light done and the prep work for the rim :)

Good idea on staying with the black. Don't want to have a pink bike. And it's good to see a ratty fixed gear bike, they all look to shiny to me. Thanks for the better quality snaps, I just wanted to see what you'd done. Looks cool. And good luck with the checker paint. Reminds me of the painting apprentice being sent for tartan paint by his gaffer.
Cheers Jonnie

Yeah i like the simplicity of fixed gears and single speeds but as you say there are far to many shinny one's about xD

I've just put the last coat of black on hung it up to dry fir a few days before i start to unmask :)

Well call me impacient but here we go ;) it's not even close to perfect but it'll do for me :)
a1905a0c.jpg

Latest posts

Back