Rollfast Custom Built project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Rollfast was what got me into this hobby. I went to a local vintage bicycle shop with the hopes of having a reproduction WW2 German Truppenfahrrad fabricated when i saw some vintage american cruisers for the first time. And they had these awesome tanks! Anyway, I forgot about the Truppenfahrrad and picked this up:

20130530_175729_zpse9c1e7ca.jpg

It's mostly made of reproduction steel parts, taiwan made drive train. The only thing original at the time was the frame.

This was my first DIY rattlecan "restoration"
DSC_0597_zps47ee0c1a.jpg

Of course only upon doing a lot of research after the fact, did i find this site, and have since been able to acquire original parts. I bought the Rollfast reference book as well but there were so many amazing looking designs and paint schemes and only one bike. I decided to do an amalgamation of my favorite models: V-400, V-600, and the Model 4272 (all the Custom Built deluxe models rolled into one). This time, i had an auto painter do the paintjob.
rollfastnew1_zpse5f07b5e.jpg

rollfastnew5_zpsc38c6611.jpg

rollfastnew3_zps26c5da59.jpg

rollfastnew2_zpsf369b670.jpg

rollfastnew4_zps23aa78b0.jpg

I still have a few more parts in the mail like the correct troxel saddle, art deco gooseneck, etc. But i was excited to post as i just got this back from the painter. And i can't decide between the correct and classic fender light or the large chrome headlight..

But again this was never supposed to be 100% correct but a mix of all the elements that i love about the Rollfast Custom Built.

nice work!

Latest posts

Back