Rollfast woman standart pre-war

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a very unusual to find. I'm living in Russia and to find a prewar american bicycle of such condition is simply impossible. There were no such import during soviet era and most probably it was brought to soviet republic in mid 20s (late 10s?). Definitely before 1937 when Stalin started to close borders. This bicycle was used by the Red Cross nurses. The main problem of the previous owner during USSR time was to find proper 26" tires. And because such products were not available it was stored in a storeroom. There is almost no rust and except few minor details all parts are intact. I'll start to repair it ASAP when find all necessary components. BTW any ideas about the year? And i'm curious about details of the decal on the rear fender there are only light traces of it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

I don't know what it is but that is really beautiful bike.

I did read the New Departure Model D hub was made between 1933 to 1959 but I need someone that knows better than me to tell you if that's right.

Thanks for the comments!)

BIcycle was found in the Saint-Petersburg (former Leningrad). Original name for the painting is Cobalt Blue. Yes, bycicle on the picture very similiar. I found that vertical dropouts, bicolour arrows on a frame and fenders, skipchain should be prewar. After WWII there were very similiar models but painting dull (one color fenders), and an alu badge.

What a find! I'm willing to bet money that the absent decal on the rear fender is the triangle one sees depicted below.

s-l300.jpg

I sure hope Tilbert was able to keep the bike.

Latest posts

Back