rollin on 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well i decided to enter the arena I did plan on frame mods for this bike but i wanna play too. So here she is. Not sure the route i'm taking with her yet and i'm not 100% sure i'll have the time to finish it in time but i'd rather enter and not finish that finish and not enter So here she is in all her glory projet ROLLIN ON 3

trike24.jpg

OMG!!!

That is a sweet ride, I would love to find something like that here, I would do it up and give it to my mother to ride around in the village......

If you could find an old tractor seat to mount above the basket and have some type of suspension on the seat that would be kewl, and also either paint it red and white or Green and Yellow :)

Doug

welp was gonna start ripping it apart tonight (not knowing what i planned to do with her) Than i figured i had to look at her a bit to try and get an idea than it hit me i have a plan it's going to be lead sled inspired (my favorite types of rats and also the most sheet metal work i've ever done on one project) But in comming up with a plan i realized i might not be able to 2 wheel her anymore so i didn't rip her apart. (yes i wanted a 3 wheeler just so i could 2 wheel it) but anyway tomorrow she get beaten on one last time (will try to video her in her last moments) but for now here she is with my signiture 24" apes and a little ratitude

trike%20aped.jpg

my insperations

49%20mercury.jpg

p2986374reg.jpg

Russ_Mitchel_2.jpg

not sure what i'm doing with the front being i can't rake it till after the build but i'll figure out something well untill the next update......

well i know there was no frame mods allowed but while she was ripped apart i tried some things and ended up swapping the frame for a huffy frame i started on about 2 years ago. (the rust on the frame is from it sitting on the roof of my shed since i welded the tank 2 yrs ago) If this is allowed I'll continue as planned (in the very little time i have to work on it) If it's not allowed I bust out the sawzall and rake it out. so either way I'm happy ;) So here she is mocked up with a squashed mountain bike suspension fork. I just ordered 3 24x3 tires for it. The rear I just bought an old metal cooler that is going to be built in but also making a "love" seat that i can swap on to hall my 2 youngest on. We'll see how it goes. 3

trike%20trippletree.jpg

trike%20trippletree2.jpg

and one more this one is pretty blurry.....too much red bull sorry
I havn't decided if i'm going with a bananna seat or a laid back seat post but i def. want to sit back a little more on it. I would love to get my hands on a "hairpin" seat if anyone happens to have one they want to get rid of let me know.

buildoff%20mocked.jpg

Looking good. Makes me want to find a trike to play with sometime. You may be able to use some OCC Stingray triples to get a little bit of rake to the front??

-Stephen

Latest posts

Back