"Rolling Heavy in the Burbs" 1973 Schwinn Suburban

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Done, will post in the finished thread with better photos in the burbs this weekend.
Before
B0907E70-3C5A-46E1-9DD1-2C31472282D6.jpeg

After
0CD10216-1E18-436F-A9FB-2D53C7924D3F.jpeg

It's amazing that you were able to stick a 29er wheel with a pretty hefty tire into that 27" frame!
Really like the look of the skinny tubes and the big tire / wheel combo.

For me, the black grips seem to stick out too much. I wonder if you could find some brown grips before your final photo shoot that might match your tires and especially that sweet saddle.

Baby blue / brown / beige has always been one of my favorite color combos. You pulled it off well! Looks like a great rider.

For me, the black grips seem to stick out too much. I wonder if you could find some brown grips before your final photo shoot that might match your tires and especially that sweet saddle.

Thanks for the positive words. Part on my objective was to keep as many classic Schwinn parts as possible. So those Schwinn cushion grips are staying. I have several classic original Schwinn's with original color grips and brown Brooks saddles (basically the only thing not original is the saddle & tires), besides on this one I think the black grips tie into the truss rods & rear rack.

Cool details on this bike that just flow together. Love the Shiner holder.

Latest posts

Back