Ross??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help to identify a nice(what I believe to be Ross) bike. It is a 24" size bike with all the tail tell signs of Ross. I was lead(through research) to believe it is a 1968. I would appreciate any info on year make and model. Finding any leads to old advertising would be a plus. I have waited for over 6 months to obtain this bike, so it is a keeper for sure. I just need to know what it is before I think about restoring or leaving as is. I don't have SN yet but will post in the next day or so....Thanks for you help, Earl

DSCF7747.jpg

DSCF7744.jpg

DSCF7739.jpg

DSCF7738.jpg

DSCF7741.jpg

DSCF7742.jpg

DSCF7746.jpg

P.S. I have named it: Rat Trap :D

Looks to be a Murray build bike. The pointy rear dropouts are dead giveaway. It looks like it had a tank at one time from that tab on the head tube.

if it's a Murray that would be a plus as I am a big fan of Murray. However it would be nice to have a brand that is a oddity also. If this is a Murray(with vote confirming) what would the model be? and better yet what direction should I take this bike?(I understand it's my bike my build) I just would like to hear the different opinions...as I want to restore with fresh and new paint and parts.

Thanks all for helping me to hammer this nail....Earl

Check for a serial number. It should start with MOS designating it as a Murray of Ohio.

Head on over to wishbookweb.com and check out the Sears catalogs in the 60's.

The chain ring looks to be from the spaceliner/flightliner style and seems to be missing the center cap. I checked a couple of the Sears catalogs and it appears they did have ones without the cap, but may have not had the mounting holes?

M.Martian said:
Check for a serial number. It should start with MOS designating it as a Murray of Ohio.

Head on over to wishbookweb.com and check out the Sears catalogs in the 60's.

The chain ring looks to be from the spaceliner/flightliner style and seems to be missing the center cap. I checked a couple of the Sears catalogs and it appears they did have ones without the cap, but may have not had the mounting holes?

This a wonderful lead, I tend to fallow it up promptly....and thanks for the reply, I will let everyone know what I fine.

Latest posts

Back