Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!!! You have been busy!!! You truly are cranking out some stratosphere level doodads and geegaws. I love this build and can't wait to see it all come together!!
That chainguard is killer as are the other items.
Keep dooing dem doodads!!!

WOW!!!! You have been busy!!! You truly are cranking out some stratosphere level doodads and geegaws. I love this build and can't wait to see it all come together!!
That chainguard is killer as are the other items.
Keep dooing dem doodads!!!
Thanks so much, I ran into a few snags but I'm getting there. Your bike is really cool, I love all the holes, it's proof that less is more sometimes, then again, too much can be just right.

Hey fellow builders, it's Saturday night, about 27 hours left. I got more pictures coming tonight, more dastardly doodadery,assembly pictures, finish pictures, and ride video. Good luck everyone, we must do this again real soon

I'll be using the next few days to really look at every bike, I like so many of them choosing is going to be tough

The good thing about that is, if we follow the past couple of RRB build offs, you can vote for as many as you like! There will still be some decision making for sure. But at least you won't be restricted to just a couple of favorites.

I put the frame in my "spray booth". It's hot, humid, and has lots of mosquitos. What more could I ask for??
DSCF0400.JPG

Time for assembly!! I love/Hate this part...
My frame painted my favorite color. Rustoleum Crystal Clear Enamel.

DSCF0401.JPG
The fat tire, fender and brake combo was a little tough to assemble properly. But it all came together
DSCF0402 (1).JPG

We got a sprocket and cranks!! What Next???

DSCF0403.JPG

My black vinyl alligator tanks / battery box. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

DSCF0404.JPG

A nice, cushy seat. The Chevy valve spring gives it some nice Boingosity...

DSCF0405.JPG

8 Feet of chain!!

DSCF0406.JPG

I need smaller hands to work on this kind of stuff

DSCF0407.JPG

Yet another DooDad completed.

DSCF0408.JPG

I love this boat shifter assembly.

DSCF0409.JPG

Wiring up headlight and tail light switches

DSCF0410.JPG

Fully assembled and ready for test riding...

DSCF0411 (1).JPG

In the "spraybooth" pic your bike looks extra long
Hey Brian, it probably looks longer because I had to take the picture at an angle, it's really narrow back there, also lots of dog business to avoid /clean up. Oh well, we make do with what we have. Thanks Brian and good luck

That fan housing chainguard is freaking EPIC!!!!!
It looks like such an obvious thing to do when you see it on there!
BRILLIANT!!!!
CONGRATS!

Thanks so
BRILLIANT!!!!
CONGRATS!

BRILLIANT!!!!
CONGRATS!
T
BRILLIANT!!!!
CONGRATS!
Thanks so much, I got the idea during a late night bike epiphany, there's a lot of different ones to choose from too.Try one out sometime. .You know, I'm really blown away by some of the talent here. I'm definitely hooked, got the next build taking shape in my head, I have some abandoned projects I want to do something with. Good luck Kingfish

This bike is awesome! I wish that you would've had a clearer final photo, there's so much going on that it's hard to appreciate it without looking closely.

Congrats on a really cool bike! Love the fan shroud/chain guard, may have to borrow that idea sometime!;)

This bike is awesome! I wish that you would've had a clearer final photo, there's so much going on that it's hard to appreciate it without looking closely.

Congrats on a really cool bike! Love the fan shroud/chain guard, may have to borrow that idea sometime!;)
Thanks so much TRM,we weren't sure how the voting photo thing worked, so fate determined it would be the one from my introduction. This time around was a learning experience for me, and what few computer skills I've gained I'm still slow at it. Use any ideas you want, that's what it's all about. And if any builders find themselves on the south shore of Long Island look me up, I promise you'll ride something unique

You really caught the spirit of rat rod bikes with this build; or the spirit caught you!

Look forward to your next project and ideas. :thumbsup:

You really caught the spirit of rat rod bikes with this build; or the spirit caught you!

Look forward to your next project and ideas. :thumbsup:
Thanks man, I almost wish the next build off started tomorrow. . So what next? ? Muscle bike ? Chopper ? Diamond frame ? Trike ? Building the bike was great fun, talking to people with a common interest made it so much better. Good luck and ride safe

Latest posts

Back