RRBBO #7 PRIZE POT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petrohead said:
So as I promised I will make a trophy or plaque this year for the winner. I was thinking it might be cool to tool a leather seat commemorating the win but need a seat pan. I really only need the pan, not nessesarily the springs etc. If someone has one to donate it sure would make the process easier.
That way you could even affix it to the bike if you wanted. Any thoughts on this?

Yo Petrohead!!!! Welcome back buddy! That sounds like a super trophy!
I don't think I have any old seat pans, but I will look.
We sure missed you this year!!

ps. Thanks again for the logo help!

Petrohead said:
So as I promised I will make a trophy or plaque this year for the winner. I was thinking it might be cool to tool a leather seat commemorating the win but need a seat pan. I really only need the pan, not nessesarily the springs etc. If someone has one to donate it sure would make the process easier.
That way you could even affix it to the bike if you wanted. Any thoughts on this?

Sounds like a killer prize. I have been toying around with doing a leather seat. How would you attach the leather to the pan?

Terry66 said:
Petrohead said:

Sounds like a killer prize. I have been toying around with doing a leather seat. How would you attach the leather to the pan?

That is a loaded question my friend. Several ways. I am in the process of honing some tricks but you can rivet, sew, lace or stretch it using various techniques.

Terry66 said:
Sorry..Prize goes to a ladies specific bike as in built for a lady and not necessarily built by a lady! :mrgreen:

Not fair! Not Fair! :wink: .... :lol:
Actually I think I was the only one that finished...Lady that is,but 5 girly bikes made it to the end.Ooooops mayb 6.. 8)
Maybe I could throw a tantrum and win those drama queen caps... :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

Funkme said:
Terry66 said:
Sorry..Prize goes to a ladies specific bike as in built for a lady and not necessarily built by a lady! :mrgreen:

Actually I think I was the only one that finished...Lady that is,but 5 girly bikes made it to the end.Ooooops mayb 6.. 8)
Maybe I could throw a tantrum and win those drama queen caps... :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

If shipping wasn't so much, I would send em to you. You have been a fun and creative addition to our RRB Family! No drama needed and so far no drama has happened. Hope it stays that way.

kingfish254 said:
Funkme said:
Terry66 said:

If shipping wasn't so much, I would send em to you. You have been a fun and creative addition to our RRB Family! No drama needed and so far no drama has happened. Hope it stays that way.

Yeah!!!! its been really cool n fun,being part of this rat site.... :lol:
Hope to be apart of it for a long time...
Thanx steve's bot... :lol: :lol: :lol:
No drama here....Things arnt that expensive to post first class or (flat rate envelopes).depends on weight ... :wink:
A whole bike is $150 shipped in 2 boxes.. Worth it if I'm desperate for a decent frame... :roll:

EasyRider420 said:
ok maybe im just numb but how do we vote!?!?!?!?

You will see soon when Steve (RatRod) posts the voting poll. I am guessing this will go up tonight sometime. The voting stays open for a few days and if it is like last year, you get 3 votes. So start deciding your top three now. And while you're doing that, chant this mantra, it will bring you to a happy place.
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy

:p 8)

Petrohead said:
Terry66 said:
Petrohead said:

That is a loaded question my friend. Several ways. I am in the process of honing some tricks but you can rivet, sew, lace or stretch it using various techniques.

Yeah, I was looking at rivets or lacing. I was going to do a tooled leather seat for my Higgins, but just didn't have time. Honestly, I think a tooled leather pan would be a killer prize!

kingfish254 said:
EasyRider420 said:

You will see soon when Steve (RatRod) posts the voting poll. I am guessing this will go up tonight sometime. The voting stays open for a few days and if it is like last year, you get 3 votes. So start deciding your top three now. And while you're doing that, chant this mantra, it will bring you to a happy place.
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy

I am not sure I told you what a killer build the Flexy was. There were times along the way that I was scratching my head a little, but you pulled everything together in a big way. I usually make my first cut by asking if the bike is something I would be proud to have built and the Flexy passes that test!

Peatbog said:
Sexy, maybe, but all that bunny baggage...

It only has one Wild Hare and at least mine isn't up my butt when I ride!!! :p

Oh man, that gives me an idea for something else I can add to the Prize pot!!!!!

Terry66 said:
kingfish254 said:
EasyRider420 said:

Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy
Flexy is Sexy

I am not sure I told you what a killer build the Flexy was. There were times along the way that I was scratching my head a little, but you pulled everything together in a big way. I usually make my first cut by asking if the bike is something I would be proud to have built and the Flexy passes that test!

Thanks Terry, it has been an honor to build with you in BO7. HRH is one of my favorite builds so your compliment really means a lot to me.

Gold Street Customs said:
In honor of finishing my build #RHUBARB RAIDER# I will pick out the bike with the most non bike parts used on it to receive a box of random raided parts from my garage, so once i go thru all these builds I will notify the winner for the address :wink:

Oh man, I might just be in the running that one. What a cool category, I wish I had thought of that one.

well since no one has offered up a "Our Lady of Guadalupe" statue i guess ill save that for idea something else!
but.....
i will donate a prize to 19th place *in the event of a tie i will choose which ever one i feel like without any rhyme or reason.also i can only ship to the lower 48*
i will contact the winner to find out what kind of stuff they like & shipping address(possibly to see if they have a sense of humor)
it may be a sign,trophy,panel,plaque,stickers,hat,shirt,pinstriping panel,parts,etc. just depends on what i feel like or have time for(more than likely just what i feel like doing at that moment :wink: )

sensor said:
well since no one has offered up a "Our Lady of Guadalupe" statue i guess ill save that for idea something else!
but.....
i will donate a prize to 19th place *in the event of a tie i will choose which ever one i feel like without any rhyme or reason.also i can only ship to the lower 48*
i will contact the winner to find out what kind of stuff they like & shipping address(possibly to see if they have a sense of humor)
it may be a sign,trophy,panel,plaque,stickers,hat,shirt,pinstriping panel,parts,etc. just depends on what i feel like or have time for(more than likely just what i feel like doing at that moment :wink: )
Sweet! That is a nifty idea! I dig it. 8)

Is there a prize for 2nd latest finished thread??? :lol: :lol: dogdart beat me to it! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

pick said:
Is there a prize for 2nd latest finished thread??? :lol: :lol: dogdart beat me to it! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:
I will bring ya by a cold one on of these weekends soon. Ya do like a brew do ya dood? 8)

Diabolical_Dork said:
pick said:
I will bring ya by a cold one on of these weekends soon. Ya do like a brew do ya dood? 8)

I'm gonna hold you to that bro! Works for me! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back