RRBBO-8 Preview

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renaissance Man said:
outskirtscustoms said:
I found out since I will have to modify my frame ever so slightly I will have to be in the Anything goes category, I will just build it the same way I was going to and have fun with it but without a welder, torch, or really any tools I won't be much competition.

I might have to alter mine also. I won't know until I actually start trying to put some things together. My concern is that the pedals will be too close to the front tire since the frame was designed for 20" wheels and not the 24's that I have planned for it. I really don't want to be in the anything goes group either, but it's nice to have another option for staying in the build-off.

Just to point out here, it was stated earlier that forks are allowed to be modified in the traditional rules, they are not counted as part of the frame...

Luke.

frameteam2003 said:
Rat Rod Bike Brew!

For my BO6 bike "BEER RUN", I made that faux six pack to honor the previous 5 winners and my first build of bike.

The mods I will be making are just cutting the rear dropouts to gain tire clearance. (About a 1/4 inch) and I need to trim about an inch from the steer tube because I don't have a welder to make the fork tube longer. so I must make the frame's steer tube shorter to fit the fork. Other than those two SMALL mods the frame will be stock.

See rule #3
3. Must use a factory production frame....no altering of original frame except for grinding off fender/chainguard tabs or shortening seat tube.

Looks like I'll be giving everyone about a two week head start before the YZ-24 officially kicks-off. :|
I've started two more projects that have a short deadline. Maybe things will go fast and smooth and I can jump in sooner.

Here's the reason...
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71787

Everyone thats thinking about spray bombing your build off bikes check your local wal mart I was out mine today and they had a bunch of their spray paint on clearance

KGrHqUOKm4E5BdJF4qtBOb5DjOfg60_3.jpg

MORE
DAYS
TO
GO !!!!!!

Picked up this today yard saling. I will add this to the Prize Pot and award it to the top vote getter that uses a nanner seat.

GOLDEN NANNER AWARD

Can I start yet!Can I start yet!Can I start yet!---NO.
well check out the preview build "Cresent Racer"Under Builds.
The Silver Moon tandem velo may be a "bridge too far" but we'll see how the build goes---is it time to start yet?

I have been slowly organizing and making room in my small shop. Tonight I brought my 53 Columbia into the shop and clamped it on the workstand. I wanna start mocking and tinkering and breaking down and painting and and and and.... BUT I CAN'T! Oh what a cruel joke to have a weekend so close to the starting line.

I've pulled out different parts and wheelsets and tires and set them to the side.

Now, I'm just sitting here on my thinking stool staring at the bike with a cold beer.

Two more nights of this?!! Are you crazy?!

I guess i am throwing my hat in the ring and joining the build off. My wife just asked me to build her a bike, she is not fond of girls bikes and wants it pretty (re-painted). I have this 48 Columbia built Higgins I picked up in a package deal and the paint is in pretty bad shape. Since I am going to be doing this, I might as well join the build off. With all the talent on this site I have no illusions of winning anything, just want to join in the fun and build a nice bike for the wife. Good luck to all, and I am now counting down the last couple of days. BTW I will be in the traditional build and haven't got a name for the bike yet.

93D71991-84D2-4307-AE14-27673E193A0B-12172-0000174C680B0B18.jpg

I picked up another trophy for the BO8 Prize Pot and tried them out on Fat Fink II. :p
I am not quite sure what the category will be yet. :oops:

I started seeing these hanging from truck trailer hitches a few years back.
When I saw these at yard sale, I thought they would make a goofy award.
If they are too out there, or crude, just let me know and I'll remove the post. I know that not everyone's sense of humor is a warped as mine.

Latest posts

Back