RRBBO -Rat Rod Biker Build Off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want host our 1st build off on this Rat Rod site.
I dont know what the prize will be yet but hold on!

Rules:

1. Bike must NOT already be build (i.e. youve already ratted it)
2. There must be before, after and during photoes of the bike
3. The Ratty the better!
4. You can only enter one bike in the contest.
5. The parts can come from anything! As long as you the bike is rideable!
6. There will be a poll and everyone will decide!

Deadline: March 31st, 2007

**Note: More rules maybe added and deadline may be bumped! Thanks and Good Luck!!

I like the idea of the build off but it would be nice to do something different than what's been done before on the other popular bike site. They've done the ratty bike and the built from scratch masterpieces.
I'd like to see it restricted to stock or modified stock frames. Modified could mean add-ons but no altering of the original frame structure.
What y'all think?
Thanks.

aka_locojoe said:
I like the idea of the build off but it would be nice to do something different than what's been done before on the other popular bike site. They've done the ratty bike and the built from scratch masterpieces.
I'd like to see it restricted to stock or modified stock frames. Modified could mean add-ons but no altering of the original frame structure.
What y'all think?
Thanks.

I agree , there are some classic style frames
out there that have withstood the test of time.

let's see some imagination and what it takes to
make them stand out

It's pretty easy to get a bunch of old parts
and slap something together! :wink:

aka_locojoe said:
What y'all think?
Thanks.

I like this idea above....

All be it I love cuttin em up.We have a lot of guys here
that are Incredible fabricators.
Who are wild when it comes
to the Fab and Welding...
but prolly more who don't have the time
or resources..or skill.. to Fabricate or Weld.

I think the "Add on" no cuttin up frame idea
is a good one.

Count me in.....
besides....Every one wins in the end!

I like Randy's idea! Let's keep it a stock frame! That way everyone can play!
O.K., so can it be any type frame? New, old. Cruiser, Mt. Bike. Tandem, trike? Do "add-Ons" have to be bolted or can they be welded on, ziptied, velcroed or etc.?
Builders should have to show their frame before the modifying starts.
What about leaving it an original painted frame or nothing fancier than rattle can. Stickers and decals optional.

I've got an FBM-GL t-shirt (size xxl) that I'll chucK into the prize bin! Also got a few bike stickers to donate for prizes. I'll try to post 'em later tonight or tomorrow night!

Very cool guys! I'm in. I'll try to drag Giggles and Big Daddy into the Battle of the Rats![/img]

I think other than the stock frame, anything goes. Any type of frame and any parts or finish. Leave it up to the voters to determine whether it fits their definition of a "rat rod bike". It might be hard to enforce too many restrictions.
Should there be a "no welding" restricition or should welding be allowed as long as the frame structure isn't changed? So like welding on of sheet metal would be allowed.
To me when I think of a rat-rod bike I think of a stock or junker bike that is made cool on the cheap.

So DD what do you think?

Sounds good!

STOCK FRAMES.... Frame must arleady exist! Not custom built
modified parts allowed or stock
No structural welding

The winner also gets a Rat Rod Bike T-Shirt. 8)

100_1778-1.jpg

This should be our entry ticket! You can't enter unless you post a pic of the frame you are starting with in a particular thread. THis way we can see what it started as. I am DEFINITELY in and applaud the stock frame idea. Ol' S'cool add ons YIPPPEEEEE!

Chainsaw said:
Builders should have to show their frame before the modifying starts.
What about leaving it an original painted frame or nothing fancier than rattle can. Stickers and decals optional.

Battle of the Rats![/img]

Here's what I am getting from all of our input.

Stock Frame ( No Structural Cutting or Welding )

Welding is ok if it's "Welding for Mounts", like Fender mounts, tank mounts,Moldings,body panels

I think the Paint should be optional though
.Some of us like Flat Black
.Others like Candy Apple
.Others Metal Flake

The Paint Job on a Bike..or Car..is what sets most apart from the bunch.
I think this should be a Free and Limitless option.

That's my 2 cents.
peace,
Kev.

What the heck, I have a small pile of parts bikes, I should be able to put somthing together before March. Do we want to post progress pics as we go, maybe a thread for each entry? I think it would be cool to watch others thought/building process...Kelly

I'll create a new forum just for this so we can keep it straight.

I think Dumpster man needs to create a trophy out of some of that junk in his backyard. :lol:

nogoodnic42 said:
Do we want to post progress pics as we go, maybe a thread for each entry? I think it would be cool to watch others thought/building process...Kelly

I like the Idea of the "Thread per entry" to see the Progress

I also think RatRod can create a Fixed "Sticky"
post for the Top of the page that doesn't get bumped.
A post that Ratrod displays our before bike picture
with a bit of a right up if the entrant wish's

But it could be a post that is set and no one can reply to.
Then the "Sticky set Post" doesn't get all cluttered with
replies and comments.

Just my 2 cents( 1.75 cents Canadian )

I'm gonna shut my can now and wait for
the Rules to this build! 8)

personally my customs are based on stock un modded frames only because i like to do just as this contest says. find the inner beauty of these frames and go forth on that. full customs are cool too but to each his own and let the games begin.

Latest posts

Back