RRBBO - The Reynoso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my 2 cents

here my 2 cents;

RR25c.jpg

hobby shop, trans paerent candy paint, No base coat, so metal shows through

just my thoughts :mrgreen:

Thank you guys.
Outsider, it was going to be yellow were you sugested red, but now that it's almost done I'm going to keep it like it is. No paint, just metal!

I added the fenders, the front brake and rear and headlight.

For the headlight I followed Clothespin and Rat Rod advice http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=440 , here's the result:

RR26.jpg

On the left the original light, waiting for the dyno. On the right, my version with the toogle switch.

RR27.jpg

Here you can see the toogle switch and a the front of the headlight.

RR28.jpg

And this is how I made it work :mrgreen:

Nice light mod with the switch. The "Silver Bullet" is lookin good. Did you clearcoat the frame?

Yes, I sprayed it with Painter's Touch gloss clear. After almost a week I can see some rust appearing again... :?

I've got more bad pics taken at night for you! Sorry but I came too late from work.

I think it's almost done, it looks very classic, almost like an old Mercedes Benz. Maybe I should call it the "Silver Arrow" :mrgreen:

RR29.jpg

RR31.jpg

RR30.jpg

schweeeeet!

you can give it a quick rub every once and a while with
3 and 1 oil.
It will stop the Oxidation from happening and keep
the metal protected and clean..

The bike looks AWESOME....
peace,
Kev.

Thank you guys. I really like it, it's comfortable, elegant and fast. What else can you ask? :) I went to work with it today and many asked me about it, maybe surprised because this kind of bikes aren't very common here.

Maybe it's not strictly a rat rod bike but I'm very happy with it.

Gerry, it would be an HONOR for me to see my bike in your blog!
I don't write comments or send you mails, but your blog has been my on line manual for this build off. Remember this the first time I do something like this, I've always had bikes but I've never fixed one before.

Your blog deserves better pics than these, so please wait till I took some at least with daylight :mrgreen:

OK, I'm back!! :mrgreen:

I haven't finished it yet, but here I've got more pics for you.

I decided to use the bicycle frame to hide the Nexus wire. And here's the result, sorry but I don't know how do you call the "tube" I used to hide the cable... Any way, here's the result.

RR32.jpg

RR33.jpg

RR34.jpg

As you can see in the last pics, I added a stand and two Cat Eye tail lights.

Coronado said:
OK, I'm back!! :mrgreen:

I haven't finished it yet, but here I've got more pics for you.

I decided to use the bicycle frame to hide the Nexus wire. And here's the result, sorry but I don't know how do you call the "tube" I used to hide the cable... Any way, here's the result.

As you can see in the last pics, I added a stand and two Cat Eye tail lights.
I like it, very good job, on that and the whole bike.

Thanks again guys :oops:

Well, it's done!

I added a bell and I had to change the grips because it was made of plastic and I broke one... :?

I also had to cut the chainguard a little to give some space to the nexus cable. Also decided to add some "color" to the chainguard :p

Sorry for the pics but it's been raining for days....

RR39.jpg

RR36.jpg

RR37.jpg

RR38.jpg

RR40.jpg

RR42.jpg

I forgot to show you the reason of the bike's name :mrgreen:

RR43.jpg

It's a local frame builder (one of the best they say) and it's still working. In fact they are making a NICE chopper frame that I've been very interested in.....
8)

Reynoso Bros will be Proud.
Make sure you send them some Pictures.

You did an awesome job!
The Chainring
The Chaingaurd
The Frame.....beautiful.
The Tires...

great job routing the Shifter Cable through the Frame.

I love it.
great build Coronado.

peace,
Kev.

I saw the pics of the cable route orginally but did not notice the exact path. What a simple way of routing it. I like the detail on the chainguard and sprocket. Nice job on completion.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :oops:
It look simple compared to other bikes here. There are many great bikes with A LOT of work.

I'm afraid I'll have to paint the frame soon. Maybe you can't see it in the pics but some rust it's appearing again... :? So I think I'll use the same "gray" color I used on the chainguard and on these fenders: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/ ... Vairo1.jpg

It's Rust-Oleum appliance epoxy stainless steel. It's not gloss, it's almost mate so I think it will look similar to how it looks now.

Anyway, I can't paint it right now so it done. Now I have another proyect in mind, I'll post about it soon.

PS: I hate you all, I've just bought ANOTHER bike yesterday :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back