RRBBO - The Reynoso

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After seen many great bikes from other builders, I thought I should also try to build one myself.

Here's what I found:

RR01.jpg

RR02.jpg

RR03.jpg

RR04.jpg

Rust, multiple layers of paint, mud and a comfortable seat. What else can you need from a bike! :D

This kind of beach cruisers became popular here in Argentina since the 90s, and this bike in particular was made by a company called "Reynoso Hnos." (that would be something like Reynoso Bros.). I don't know anything about this company but after a fast Google search I found out they broke some years ago...

Anyway, I haven't decided what to do with this bike yet. I've been seeing many, many pics of build offs, customs and off the shelf bikes for inspiration. Meanwhile, I wanted to show you at least the original bike.

Sorry about my english, I hope you understand me.
Cheers, Coronado

wow!!!

i think i would use some of that "anodized look" paint fer flames n' clear coat the rest with of the frame! that looks burly!

nice one. I like that sprocket. and i like that shiny grinder job, it looks sick like that. I would leave it.

That's right, I used a grinder with a whire wheel. I also liked the result, the metal shine is amazing! It really surprised me.

Here's a problem: How do I keep it this way? Just with a clear coat? Will that stop rust?

shiny metal looks good. Clear coat or Oil it like Locojoe said. Or I have always wanted to gun blu a frame.

Coronado said:
I was going to paint it grey or aluminium but you are right, I'll just use some clear coat.

clean..clean..clean..and then
Clean it again( with an Aromatic Solvent..like Laquer Thinner ) before you Clear coat it!

I think it's going to look GREAT in Ratty old wire wheeled Metal.

peace,
Kev.

I'm just posting pics of some parts I'll use

RR15.jpg

RR16.jpg

The handlebar is almost the same size as the old one.

I need to add some color to the bike, there's too much metal/crome and black on it.

its your bike! i think that the roll on pinstriping stickers would look bad ... in any colour. maybe the ones that come with 2 stripes in 2 different widths?

Latest posts

Back