RRBBO8 Discussion Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Welcome to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!

Saw and participated in this discussion on the MegaPixieRay thread and had to share it here.
Only on RRB could there be a discussion on the correct slang to use for a banana seat. :D
Part of what makes this community so cool!
I think I have found the name for my Screamer build. "Nanner Puddin"

kingfish254 said:
dracothered said:
kingpin said:
fwiw its a nana seat.....a nanner seat would be a seat for your grand mother :)

however its spelt...its cool as heck
Sorry but I have to disagree with you nana is your grandma and nanner is a banana

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nana
nana

what i call my granny
hey nana what's up how u doin?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nanner

nanner

An awesome way of saying banana.
I like to eat nanners at lunch every day.

Now this is funny, a discussion on the correct slang to use for a banana seat.
Only on RRB!
I'll keep saying nanner, because banana seats are as cool as nanner puddin and nilla wafers.
NANNER NANNER BOO BOO (not to be confused with Honey Boo Boo)

ONLY 13 WEEKS LEFT

kingfish254 said:
ONLY 13 WEEKS LEFT
Oh come on KingFish! We only just started! :lol:

Some us probably have to wait for inspiration....

8713684262_70bf5a83ce.jpg

Luke.

130 BUILDS

Lowlife Lucas said:
I've been keeping up with the "ANYTHING GOES" builds more than any of them, I guess it's because I'm one of those that "thinks outside the box" type people :lol:

Now I don't want to start anything (how most fights are usually started) but to say that the traditional rules folks aren't thinking outside of the box is kind of an insult to those people, but then you did admit that you aren't keeping up with the builds in traditional rules, so then it makes sense that you wouldn't know that those folks are the masters of thinking outside of the box.

Ouch! I think you just got shut down Lucas! :shock:

However, I think Lucas meant more like the trike that just showed up that is getting a dropped and drilled I beam front axle and the four wheel cyclecar by frameteam, I doubt he meant any disrespect to the other class or it's builders.

If anything the builders in "Traditional" seem to be more outside the box, as they must do it all with bolt on parts... I mean, a cake tin and cable insulator headlight? Cast resin chainguard highlights? A boys muscle bike all girlie'd up? What are you guys on???

Luke.

I think Lucas was just throwing a little trash talking smack around.
All in good fun of course.
I guess last year I was thinking inside the box when I made my own TwinFlex rear suspension with bolt ons. :mrgreen: :p

My apologies, guys. I said that wrong, I won't lie, I've looked into some of the traditional builds and seen some of the "thinking outside the box" things. Kingfish, the bike you speak of us certainly an awesome bike, I cannot lie :)

Yoothgeye, I've looked at your build off bike too, like what I'm seeing with it :wink:

I've looked at a few others that's in the traditional category as well.

I guess I'm more of an off the wall thinker than an out of the box thinker :lol:

I mean to make no one mad or upset, my apologies again, guys

Lucas, No apology needed. It's all fun and games here.
Smack talk is a good thing!

No worries my friend, there just happens to be many people building within traditional rules that could easily be competitors in anything goes, but you only get to do one or the other.

Some of us compete in the traditional not because we can't think outside the box, but because we can't weld. I'd love to learn but I have a hard enough time trying to find time for all my current hobbies/sports/professional obligations. Plus my wife would have a fit if I brought home a welder because that would literally mean that nothing is junk anymore, it would just be "source material".

I love the fact that so many new people are in the Build Off this year! It's hard enough guessing what the vets are going to come up with. It adds a major "unknown" factor to the build off.

waiting on wheels to show up then i guess i should start :roll: i guess i should keep it simple haha

yoothgeye said:
No worries my friend, there just happens to be many people building within traditional rules that could easily be competitors in anything goes, but you only get to do one or the other.
This is true. I don't think I'd know how far to stretch the rules of the traditional build off before it went to the anything goes category. I'm seeing some cool stuff that I like in the traditional build off though.

kim_dude said:
Some of us compete in the traditional not because we can't think outside the box, but because we can't weld. I'd love to learn but I have a hard enough time trying to find time for all my current hobbies/sports/professional obligations. Plus my wife would have a fit if I brought home a welder because that would literally mean that nothing is junk anymore, it would just be "source material".
I cant use a welder either, so I know how that is. But I'm hoping to learn soon, and I'm hoping I have luck :?

Latest posts

Back