Ruff Cycles E-build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OCD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing some fabrication work for a customers' Ruff Cycles electric build. We're creating a 2wd bike this time using 2x BMC gear drive hub motors, 203mm disc brakes front and rear, Brooks saddle, 2x 18650 cell high output battery packs and 2 throttles/controllers to ensure the front wheel doesn't spin out at the wrong time. No hill will be a match for this bike when finished.

I like the two wheel drive idea, but I'm curious. Will there be a throttle on both sides of the bars?
Dig the frame too, RUFF has cool stuff.

Update: I think the controllers would tuck in nice behind the batteries, we'll see what the owner wants to do...

Here we go, ready to be picked up. The owner has double the regular amount of wiring to sort out as he's planning to run two completely separate systems, the second controller is hiding behind the one you see, one thumb throttle on each side of the bars. My part is done for now, I'll post an update when he gets a bit further along.

I agree Falstaff, Ruff make some beautiful frames and the workmanship is so clean it's unbelievable. The fit is precise and the tig welds are so small it puts my mig work to shame. The owner had the batteries already before purchasing the frame, it would have been leaner looking if he had 3 batteries like the lower one stacked up instead of the one double width one in the upper position. The clearance even with the super short cranks is really tight (1/4"), I wanted to mount the upper box level but would have needed to notch the frame which he didn't want to do.

Latest posts

Back