Rusty/Patina Bicycle Gallery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all-

So I was talking with a friend about rat rod bikes, and about the beauty of a rusty bike. For me, I enjoy a shiny and new piece of craftsmanship, but an old bike covered in rust and patina... there's just something about it the romantic in me is drawn to.

But anyway, I was searching to try to find a gallery or thread devoted to rusty and patina bicycles, and simply couldnt find one.

So, post up pics of your rusty and patina'd machines!

(I'd get the ball rolling, but the few bikes I have don't fit this category! :oops: )

Monark Rocket:
100_1341-1.jpg

100_1339.jpg

...mmmmm, tetanus!

Here is one that I'm just starting. Can't bear to mess it up with paint. Love the patina! Gotta rusty chrome springer for it & Cameron @ UdallCustomBikes is hooking me up with a good rusty set of rims to replace what's left of mine. Think I'll lose the back fender also. Got a seat for it also. Want to put some wide white 26x2.125's on it. Any suggestions are appreciated.

PS: any tips on getting the handlebar stem out would be appreciated. It's kickin my butt.
rusty1001.jpg

rusty1003.jpg

rusty1002.jpg

Wish I had that one to go with mine. It'd be perfect for the wife. Great bike!

My RBBO3 bike "Rust Never Sleeps"

IMG_0799.jpg

My Elgin Oriole, have a few more things on it now(tool bag and lic plate), need a pic with sun maybe this weekend.

IMG_1331.jpg

Latest posts

Back