Rusty Trails Final Assembly Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liking your bike good pic for the build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like there's at least three of us starting with 'Liner frames! And each one is going a different route!
SGO's off-road build
Leghorn's cruiser build
and my fake fixie build

'Liner BO anyone?

After a shower of T-9 and some steel wool elbow grease I scrubbed off all the surface rust. This picture is supposed to feature some gold-ish flecks coming through under the red.

Here is a shot with a filter on it that highlights it a bit more. I believe all you hard core bike guys (and gals) call this cool patina? Tone-Loc would call it Funky Cool Patina.

I'm using some wheels that I took off a Wally World Mtn bike ( which I bought from CL for $20 specifically for wheels ). I'm going to replace the cassette/hub with the Sun Ringle' Superstock hub and an ACS Crossfire Pro freewheel. New tires are on their way via UPS. Wheel project is on hold, however, because I do not have a lock ring removal tool, as all my builds so far have been coasters.

I also cleaned up the tank about as well as I want to (If I get it much cleaner I'll have to change the name ) For some reason it looks better in the picture than it does in real life.

Last edited:
Funky Cool Patina would be an awesome build name!!!!!
Diggin this build a lot!!!!

I figured I was going to need some legit handlebars so I grabbed these Kink BMX bars on clearance.

If I'm going to be moon crater jumping I also knew I was going to need better forks so I went with these, and also pictured is this sprocket that I am totally stoked about. I found it at Memory Lane swap meet ( along with my secret ingredient that I haven't revealed yet! ) Plus, my new tires came in today!

I'm going to replace the cassette/hub with the Sun Ringle' Superstock hub and an ACS Crossfire Pro freewheel.

Nice Sun hub. Are you using the old rim and spokes from the other rear wheel? Sun also makes a matching front bolt-on for a very reasonable price in 28hole version..

Latest posts

Back