Rusty Trails Final Assembly Video

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much getting done on R.T. right now. A busy weekend and another school year coming to an end has kept me occupied. Thinking about a name change too.

Last edited:

After I cleaned and scrubbed off all the surface rust, I thought there was something about the frame that didn't look right. It looks like it was welded at some point and it's crooked. Hard to tell in this photo ( probably because of all the junk around it in my messy workspace ) with a temporary wheel in place. I might be able to get it to roll straight, but I don't think I can get it to look straight. I now know why it was given to me and not sold to me. I'm working on a back-up frame just in case.

Try to old Sheldon Brown 2x4 method of frame straightening.

I did try some 2x4 straightening (as well as other attempts at straightening). I think it made it so I can at least get the wheel to look straight, but it was welded unevenly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heya man, if you can't get that frame straightened out, I have a spaceliner frame locally(Cleveland) I can trade or sell ya.

Thanks BW. I will keep that in mind. I'm always looking for a good excuse to drive to Cleveland.

A couple weeks ago I was able to go see one of my all-time favorite bands perform again. They have been the inspiration for much of my bike building. My username is from their song "Soulful Garage,"and since seeing them again, I've been thinking about changing "Rusty Trails" to "Mudbuggy." I present to you all… Southern Culture on the Skids!

Grrrrr. So, I lost a spoke nipple to the wheels I'm planning to use and I'm having trouble finding some that fit . Common spoke size, uncommon threads.

Grrrrr. So, I lost a spoke nipple to the wheels I'm planning to use and I'm having trouble finding some that fit . Common spoke size, uncommon threads.

Excuse me everyone while I laugh at myself. I solved the problem by purchasing one new spoke with nipple. Then I laced it up.

Yeah, lovin' the tire choice! Can't wait for the Klunker / MTB / Big BMX build this winter so I can throw something knobby and fat on my build!! :bigboss:

Latest posts

Back