s-works fixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a 1960 schwinn continental in excellent condition that I had been thinking about turning into a single speed with some deep v gold annodized rims. It would have been sweet. I couldn't get myself to tear apart the bike because of how unique it was and the condition it was in. So I sold it to another RRB member that wanted to keep it original. Here is a picture of that bike and what I ended up getting to replace it.

The langster is not really my style, but it will do what I want it to. I picked it up from a guy I work with. I originally wanted to paint it just like the continental until I picked it up and saw how nice the paint was. Nascar style paint jobs aren't my first choice, but I would hate to repaint at this point. This particular frame had to be drilled after originally purchased to be able to have brakes. It was a track bike. I knew specialized was supposedly a good brand and I knew that this one weighed less than half of what my commuter weighed. It is in the 17 pound range. I re-geared it to 48 X 13. I don't have a lot of stop and go traffic to deal with so this works okay for me. I can get up hills at 17-20mph and on flat I keep it at 20-25mh with jeans on. I refuse to wear those nasty bike shorts. I really didn't know much about fixed gears or road bikes before buying this. I wasn't too excited for the fixed gear side, but that was the only way to get the gear ratio I wanted for a reasonable price so fixed gear it stays.

Now all of my other bikes feel like they are full of lead...

IMG_0071.jpg

DSCF0309.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

Latest posts

Back