Salt flat CHOPPER with antique lights :)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i've been gathering parts for this build for awile now... I still need to find somone to help me build the frame since i live in an apt. now. But here's what i've got so far...

A pic of my idea...
chopperpic.jpg

Skull valve caps, and licence plate bolts...
skulls.jpg

kerosine lamp BEFORE...
lightbefore.jpg

Getting ready to paint...
lightssanded.jpg

kerosine taillamp and carbide headlamp DONE... (i'm eventualy going to get them pin striped)...
lightsdone3.jpg

lightsdone2.jpg

lightsdone1.jpg

Matching 24" and 26" rims freshly powder coated, and a felt thick brick, and quick brick white walls...
redrim.jpg

wheels.jpg

tree.jpg

pedalschopper.jpg

licence54.jpg

trying to find an older speedo, but i found this one...
chopperspeedo.jpg

If you can make that frame a reality.......boy, that'll be SWEET!

Do yourself a favor (if you haven't already). Find a roll of the large brown paper, I scored some at a local plant nursery, they have it available to lay in your trunk before putting dirt, etc.. in it. Find a donor bike and trace it to give you an idea of size, tubing angles, etc...

Take that to your welder, it will help serve as a template and help him visualize what your after.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
If you can make that frame a reality.......boy, that'll be SWEET!

Do yourself a favor (if you haven't already). Find a roll of the large brown paper, I scored some at a local plant nursery, they have it available to lay in your trunk before putting dirt, etc.. in it. Find a donor bike and trace it to give you an idea of size, tubing angles, etc...

Take that to your welder, it will help serve as a template and help him visualize what your after.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Dr. T
NIce Idea there.. Food for thought.

Or PM me a bigger scan of you draw, I´ll turn it into a 1:1 plotter printable blueprint for ya :wink:

Latest posts

Back