San antonio TEjas ! First Friday! Oct. 6 7PM. meet and greet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEW PICS added 9/20 are on the last pages of this thread! Check them out!
When : October 6, and 7;00pm early start time
Where: Behind Sam's Burger Joint off Broadway
Why: Because I need a Kind William Beer
How: Puro Pedal Power
Who: Fellow rrb.com members and other strangers! basically anybody.
Will there be food and drinks? Yup, we will br serving food and drinks to anybody and everybody!
For more info call Benz

072-1.jpg

035.jpg

049.jpg

See you there!

Re: sAN aNTONIO TEJAS!!!! TIME TO ROLL!!

Buy me a Big Red and a barbacoa taco, and I'm in!

Would you settle for a carne guisada with cheese and a sweet tea?

meezonweelz said:
Buy me a Big Red and a barbacoa taco, and I'm in!

The Randy Garibay special! Wife and I will definitely be there. I'm bringing the Nirve chopper for this one. I test drove the route last Saturday and it is perfect for a low and slow cruise. Remember, it ain't about getting there fast, its about getting there in style. I'm looking forward to meeting you all. I think I also recruited some other freaks off of craigslist. We'll see who shows.

The Randy Garibay special. I laughed out loud. Looks like the ride is picking up some steam jim. And as for the freaks off of craigslist, are there any other kind? Can't wait, gonna tell some other friends about the ride, see if they can make it.

Yeah, Taco Garage on Broadway has a menu item called the Randy Garibay special: barbacoa and Big Red.
I love that song. Randy's son Ernie Garibay still plays the song in his band. They play every Sunday down at this biker bar on Broadway, which actually might make a good destination for some future group ride.

Hate to break your heart if you like Taco Garage, but meezonwheels can fill you in on exactly what type of hair he found in his plate.... :shock: Speaking of Broadway, if you like burgers we can get a weekday ride going to Timbos on Pearl Pkway, excellent burgers and we are friends with the owners, plus they have a good patio we could all park in. Just a thought.

Too early for cg, and I don't think you can take anything but Big Red into Brack 8) . As long as I get my pedals by friday, I should be rollin a completed bicycle. Fingers crossed....

benz said:
Hate to break your heart if you like Taco Garage, but meezonwheels can fill you in on exactly what type of hair he found in his plate....

That's what happens when you are rude to the waitstaff :) . So far I've made it through several meals there without getting any extra hairs caught in my teeth. Mostly, we go for the happy hour margaritas on Friday's; they make 'em strong!

Let's talk more on Saturday about a possible weekday ride to Timbos. The wife was just telling me last night that we have to ride bikes at least 3 nights a week during the summer. Who am I to argue. Timbos could be one destination.

Three nites a week? Sounds good, we have the pizza ride already, just two more to go. Mike, dude when did you order your pedals man like two weeks ago? I am gonna try and talk everyone that shows up on sat to try the site out see if we can't get a larger San Antonio army going.
And as meezy knows I might debut my latest build The Heavy Metal Twins on Saturday, if I can get my lazy butt to work......

been repostin yallz ads like crazy here there and everywhere and up on myspace to get more people that i,we, us know wit bikes to cruise, got me a deal on a schwinn(repo of the stingray) on our local craigslist and i will be there as well, laterz, LOWMOJO :D

Hey Low did you buy it from a Dude named Ben? I was gonna jump on that one but went fishin instead.. oh well.

yup, already gettin whitewalls and extraz for it as we speak, cool lookin by even though it is or was prolly a walmart sold schwinn, either way , great bike to customize. 8)

Looks like three to Four folks from my end for sure. Maybe more, Hows about the pizza ride tomorrow night?

No rudeness here. Even tipped the girl, she didn't make the food, some unkempt stinkpot did. But, a hair of that gauge leaves scars.... :cry: Btw- it was detected before it could do any real damage. It's a sad affair, I really liked it there :x

meezonweelz said:
No rudeness here. Even tipped the girl, she didn't make the food, some unkempt stinkpot did. But, a hair of that gauge leaves scars.... :cry: Btw- it was detected before it could do any real damage. It's a sad affair, I really liked it there :x

Just jokin' about the rude thing. Yeah, that can really ruin it for you. I had a pizza place I really liked and I saw a roach there and never went back. Curley hairs in the tacos must be even more traumatic. I hope you raised a fuss so maybe they'll improve the hygene. I'll be sure to inspect the food carefully next time.

benz said:
Looks like three to Four folks from my end for sure. Maybe more, Hows about the pizza ride tomorrow night?

What time do you guys meet for the Pizza ride? I ride right through your neighborhood on my commute from work, but that's early, like 5:30pm.

just outta curiosity, will there be in rat rods out there or car clubs? just wondering?

Latest posts

Back