RRBBO13 Sans Seat Post

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pictures. Site is a little goofy.

Attachments

• IMG_4333 (1).JPG
    IMG_4333 (1).JPG
    280 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_4304.jpg
    IMG_4304.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_3166 (1).jpg
    IMG_3166 (1).jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 306
This is gonna be cool, Twin Bar buddy :thumbsup:.

Trifecta of Twin Bars now!
I love the parts stash you have for yours. This is gonna be a mean machine!!!

@Kevin Larson , click on 'Full Image' instead of Thumbnail and your pics will be posted in life size.

Maplewood, MN! I just moved to AZ from there. Glad you will get a a few months to ride a bike this year :21:
Kevin, it's Lee....your part-time AZ neighbor! Yeah, we got back in time to enjoy a couple solid weeks of 'Winter in April'...about 25" of combined snowfalls. Beautiful now though!

I don't really weld so i'm gonna do what I can to be creative: some 3" wheels - staying with skiptooth chain on modern cruiser rims. a prewar Elgin twin-bar frame, notice no seat post! Sprocket maybe will be custom made. undecided on bars, grips, accessories, flare, repaint, etc.

And this why why we get to change frames I assume?! Unless I only ride it straight I might not be riding this very far!

c437aeb406b3772b4a15eafe9c74e2f7.jpg

a435b7ff68238cb93efc2c5e5c0f541b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember what Yogi Berra said, "If you come to a fork in the road, take it."

I'm with TRM on this one. Both frame and fork are cool in their own right, just not together. Reminds me of a girlfriend I once had....

Weld tubes to lengthen the upper part of the fork! Same opinion as TRM and OddJob, it would be a shame not to use this setup ;)

If I had to choose between the frame and the for, I would keep the frame.
Nothing wrong with the sick fork, but it's hard to beat a Twin for coolness.

I’m still on the lookout for a good fork. I need to find a vintage one that will have 3” clearance. Front fork for this one is close but not nearly 3”

Kevin, I have the repop Monark Deluxe Springer that I got from my LBS through JBI bike (formerly J & B). I used it on my 'Hawth of a Different Color' build. And the really fat 3" tires (with a wide edge to them) fit nicely.

20793497_1976583779034438_974038601_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back