Santa Came Early!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mrs jerrykr and I like to ride the occasional charity ride.
Each time we were getting more and more frustrated getting left behind and being limited to about 25 miles riding our "heavy" hybreds.
We have been talking about upgrading to road bikes for 2 or 3 years, and finally decided we could afford to pop.
These are aluminum frame, not composite, but my bike, the larger of the 2, only weighs in at just over 22 lbs.
Quite an improvement. To us they really feel light and fast.
We are riding regular pedals now until we get used to the bikes, but will install the clip pedals and shoes in the near future.
Having a great time with them, but no worry, I still love the old RR stuff just as much.
It's all good!

Sheryl's in Bianchi's "Celeste" signature color.
image2772.jpg

image2773.jpg

Nice bikes Jerry !!!I Hope you guys move as fast as those bikes look :wink: Hers looks cooler btw... must be the reflectors

yeah, but I got whitewalls!! :D
funny I never noticed hers does not have wheel reflecters. :shock:
we've never even ridden "real" road bikes, so lots of things to get used to.
the brifters are SWEET!

They used to say that every Bianchi road bike was produced with some Celeste paint on it somewhere; however small. Is there any Celeste on the red/black one?

wheelbender, thank you for that bit of trivia! I now have something to yack about with our roadie friends.

Yes, every part on my bike that I can identify as produced by Bianchi has a bit of Celeste color, even if it is only a graphic swoop or brand name text.

The mechanics at the bike shop revealed that they had one medium sized Celeste colored Bianchi jersey left in the shop, and were lying in wait to give it to the next buyer of a Celeste colored bike. Perfect fit for Sheryl, and she really likes it! I knew she would like that bike on the color alone! :D

If you guys think we went over to the "dark spandex side", well not really. There are many here on RRB that just like all kinds of bikes, and that is us.

I don't really "hang" at this bike shop, although it is close by, very friendly, and offers an after-hours brewsky if you happen to be in. I was there a couple of days ago after work, and these guys were all over the steel frame Columbia's I sold them. They are into the board track bike look and are doing quite well, I have to say. A roadie customer was there asking all kinds of questions about getting a single speed cruiser. Really nice guy. I gave him a few hints. 3G with the copper rims got his attention.

Yes, brifters are one of those things that just make so much sense you wonder what took them so long to come up with but never would have thought of it yourself. I looked at a cannondale super six the other day, the brifters just had bump switches on them and the shifting was electric :shock: The price tag was also 8k though :shock: :shock: :shock: Next thing you know they will have electric brakes with sensors linked to how tight your cheeks are holding onto the seat :lol: Hope you guys have a blast with them !!!

Latest posts

Back