??Scam?? Maybe?? 1970 AMF Wedge.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1510348_610478439028990_3475422943985814606_n_zpsfbda6ad8.jpg

I'd been watching this 1970AMF Wedge on ebay for 5 days, auction finished last Saturday.

It had no bids on it at $50 so I pitched some dollars at it, wouldn't you know it I won the auction at $50.

Being a good ebay'er I paid straight away, lunchtime Friday. At 7:30 that night the seller refunded the money, with a note saying the bike should have had a buy-it-now price, that the shipping value was incorrect, etc, etc...

I was a little ticked off, auction had been live for a week but when it didn't end how the seller wanted they backed out of the deal. Not much I can do except leave negative feedback, so I did.

This morning I get a message from the seller: It's all apologetic, says they just did what ebay said, said we both know the bike is worth more than $50 (which it probably is) and then finishes the message with "IF YOU WANT TO WORK OUT A REASONABLE PRICE PLUS SHIPPING I AM WILLING...".

Legit goodwill....maybe... BUT it may also be a bait to buy outside ebay and then I see nothing for my money.

Either way I'm not risking it, sellers in the South and I'm in the North but if the bike pops up again and another member here see's it then please be careful !!

Cheers

DB

You could still do a deal inside the walls of ebay by negotiating a price and then having him create a "best offer" listing. Send him the offer you agreed upon and go from there. Just an idea.

That's true but when you've got that bad feeling....

Is this seller named, ,"auto????rods," or similar? I got burned once, sounds like my guy and his tactics.
Report him to eBay.

usmar-pilyzhdc, new seller, no feedback.

All I know is that I'm not touching it and I don't want to see anyone else here get burned.

Latest posts

Back